Republicans Are Not Pro-Life

The Republican Party claims to be “the right to life” Party. But it seems the only lives they are concerned about are those of unborn fetuses.

It’s very clear to me that these “pro-life” Republicans are not pro-life. Once a baby is delivered, these pro-lifers don’t give two shits about what happens to its life. They are not concerned about the health or wellbeing of the child once born. They are not concerned about the education of the child once born, about protecting the life of the child once born from school shootings.

What about ensuring that the air a child breathes is not noxious, or the quality of the water they drink is not toxic? They give no thoughts to the lives or circumstances of the women who are forced to give birth to unplanned or unwanted children because these “pro-lifers” are too preoccupied with passing laws putting more and more restrictions designed to deny the rights of women to manage their own reproductive rights. But when it comes to passing laws designed to restrict the proliferation of deadly weapons in order to protect the lives of Americans of all ages, races, genders, and religions, they are conspicuously silent — maybe from all the thoughts they’re thinking and the prayers they’re offering.

The truth is that these “pro-life” Republicans are not at all pro-life. What they really are is “pro-birth.” What happens after a child’s birth is not something they care about at all.

24 thoughts on “Republicans Are Not Pro-Life

1. Christine Bolton, Poetry for Healing May 25, 2022 / 6:17 pm

Thank you for saying so eloquently what has been running through my head since yesterday. When are we ever going to say enough is enough. These pro-lifers are anything but 🤬

2. Marleen May 25, 2022 / 7:04 pm

They are not pro-life.

3. donmatthewspoetry May 26, 2022 / 4:40 am

You needn’t have preceded it with a yellow sign. It’s not a rant. It’s a concerned opinion……

Although the yellow sign made me smile……

4. donmatthewspoetry May 26, 2022 / 4:56 am

NRA HQ MESSAGE

Our thoughts and prayers are with you
    In this painful time
    God solves all our problems
    God takes care of crime

Trust God. He’ll sort things out. Yep……….

5. Marleen May 26, 2022 / 2:27 pm

Gross Republican Takes off his HOOD …

6. Marleen May 26, 2022 / 6:41 pm

Joe Garcia, the husband of fourth-grade teacher Irma Garcia, one of two teachers killed in the Robb Elementary School shooting Tuesday, died Thursday morning of a heart attack caused by grief, according to family members.

“EXTREMELY heartbreaking and come with deep sorrow to say that my Tia Irma’s husband Joe Garcia has passed away due to grief,” Garcia’s 21-year-old nephew John Martinez wrote in a post on Thursday. ….

• Marleen May 26, 2022 / 11:25 pm

🫀😥

7. Kelsey With Some Jo June 27, 2022 / 3:44 pm

Completely disagree with this post. Instead of sharing your own views, you continue to do what Democrats are known for which is turning the argument back to Republicans. To put Republicans on the defense. Why not share what you actually feel and believe, instead of ranting about a category of people who very few pro-lifers are subscribed to..

• Marleen June 27, 2022 / 4:18 pm

My disagreement with the opening post would have been that I’m not sure they’re pro-birth either. Remember all the complaining about the ACA requiring that health insurance cover childbirth and peri-natal care? Yea… that’s when I knew.

• Fandango June 27, 2022 / 10:45 pm

I completely disagree with you that my post doesn’t express my views. My comments about Republicans cover areas where my views are diametrically opposed to their views. That should be obvious. And if Republicans feel defensive, it must be because they feel guilty about putting greed and their unenlightened self interests above the health and welfare of most of the population. And finally, what do you mean that a category of people (i.e., Republicans) are not mostly pro-lifers? If that’s true, why then do Republican voters keep voting for pro-life candidates?

• Kelsey With Some Jo June 27, 2022 / 11:02 pm

Greed and unenlightened self interests? Abortion was never apart of the constitution… planned parent hood founder was a racist who wanted to decrease the black population (I’m mixed by the way, I’m a woman, 26 married, just graduated college took a 3 year break lived all over the world, travelled, almost was murdered, and also I was conceived from a one night stand, my dad has six children from six different women, I live in Utah, but no I’m not Mormon and neither is he, he’s just a really charming guy, my grandma died in my arms when I was 14 oh and I was also married once before at 18). I should still be an alcoholic, should be on welfare, and should have ever never gone to college, statistically speaking. Does that fit your description of a Republican? Or a pro-lifer?

• Fandango June 27, 2022 / 11:58 pm

“Abortion was never a part of the constitution…” Neither were semiautomatic assault rifles, so why not ban them? Neither were automobiles or airplanes or televisions or the internet, so why not ban them? Women could not vote or own land when the Constitution was written, so why not revoke women’s right to vote today? Blacks were considered 3/5ths of a person for voting purposes in the Constitution, so should we discount the votes of African Americans today?

Your argument that abortion was never a part of the Constitution is spurious at best. It’s about human rights, women’s rights, the right to privacy, not about whether or not the word “abortion” is in the document. The U.S. Constitution never explicitly mentions God or the divine or Jesus, so why not ban any mention of God, as in “In God We Trust” or “one nation under God”?

No, you don’t sound like a typical Republican or pro-lifer. But my post was about the vast majority of Republicans and pro-lifers, not about you.

• Kelsey With Some Jo June 28, 2022 / 6:57 am

I think if we banned the mention of God, we’d also have to ban the mention of Allah, Krishna, Buddha, etc. at least we have freedom of religion (for the most part). And thank you! That’s all I really wanted you to see, that sometimes it’s not so black and white. Thanks for sharing! 😊

• Fandango June 28, 2022 / 9:51 pm

Just know that, if you decide to read other posts on blog, I always and openly share my own views and what I actually feel and believe. That said, I do reserve the right to rant about others whose views, perspectives, opinions, and actions I disagree with. My blog, my rules.

• Kelsey With Some Jo June 29, 2022 / 11:38 am

I agree. And I think if you put it out there for any reader, you might receive feedback or comments you don’t like or agree with, but hey that shouldn’t stop freedom of speech. I very much like your blog, I’m happy I found it. 😊

• Fandango June 29, 2022 / 3:35 pm

I take comments from anyone, whether they agree or disagree with what I’ve written. I’ve never deleted anyone’s comments, but I will “punch back” when punched, figuratively speaking.

8. Craig Ardolino August 14, 2022 / 4:25 am

I agree and have been saying the same thing for years. If a zygote is so important that it must develop and be born, then why are the vast majority of Republicans against financially helping the poor? By helping single parents helps the child live a more happy and healthy life. But usually what I hear is: if they couldn’t afford to have a kid why did they get pregnant!

They don’t even hear the stupidity of the word they parrot.

Comments are closed.