FOWC with Fandango — Platitude

FOWC

It’s May 23, 2022. Welcome to Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (aka, FOWC). I will be posting each day’s word just after midnight Pacific Time (U.S.).

Today’s word is “platitude.”

Write a post using that word. It can be prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. It can be any length. It can be just a picture or a drawing if you want. No holds barred, so to speak.

Once you are done, tag your post with #FOWC and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Please check to confirm that your pingback is there. If not, please manually add your link in the comments.

And be sure to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this prompt. Show them some love.

17 thoughts on “FOWC with Fandango — Platitude

1. bushboy May 23, 2022 / 2:14 am

I do hope my comments are not seen as dull or trite even though they can be fresh and at time profound Fandango 🙂

2. pensitivity101 May 23, 2022 / 7:56 am

One of the reasons I didn’t tell certain members of my family about my second cancer strike was because I couldn’t stomach the thought of their platitudes when I needed to be surrounded by positivity. I stand by my decision.

• Fandango May 23, 2022 / 2:10 pm

That’s a perfectly understandable position to take.

• pensitivity101 May 24, 2022 / 9:11 am

As far as I know, they still don’t know, and if they do, it wasn’t from me or by reading my blog and they could only have heard it from one person related by marriage.

3. Marleen May 27, 2022 / 1:53 pm

Seems to me Biden is good at platitudes; promises don’t count.

Joe Biden promised to halt federal contracts to union busters — but $10 billion federal contract was just re-awarded to Amazon while the company was crushing a union drive.

• Marleen May 27, 2022 / 2:21 pm

Gravitas [on WION]: China is not a hood listener… and America won’t be able to counter China by going back on its own words.

• Marleen May 27, 2022 / 2:28 pm