If You See Something, Say Something

I like to think that my published posts are error free. No typos. No misspellings. No incorrect word usage. No punctuation faux pas. No grammatical errors. But I am my own proofreader, my own editor. And thus, my eyes often see what my brain is expecting them to see. And my brain is not expecting to see typos, misspellings, incorrect usage, punctuation and/or grammatical errors.

So I’m asking you, my fellow bloggers, to give me a helping hand. When you read my posts, if you see something, say something. Let me know in the comments if you spot an error, a mistake. I’m a big boy. I can take it. And I’d rather know of my error and fix it ASAP than let it be discovered by countless bloggers forever and for eternity.

I promise I won’t shoot the messenger.

18 thoughts on “If You See Something, Say Something

1. leigha66 May 13, 2022 / 7:29 am

I think I would need a strong magnifying glass to find errors in your posts, but I will remember this and if you would please do the same for me. Thanks!

2. rugby843 May 13, 2022 / 8:36 am

I will often see a mistake after something has been published by me and sometimes I go back and correct it but I always wonder what shows up in your email if you follow me by email, or what shows up in the reader. Of course the reader never shows my post the way I write it anyway so I just let things, go it doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone

• Fandango May 13, 2022 / 9:30 am

I don’t think that making an edit to a previously published post generates a new email notification or a new reader notification.

• rugby843 May 13, 2022 / 10:40 am

I don’t know so best not to let it bother you, right? Everyone does it once in a while.

3. JT Twissel May 13, 2022 / 2:44 pm

I’ll only put out typos, etc. Correcting grammar usage is something I was once paid to do and I have been in the middle of crossfire many, many times.

4. K.Hartless May 13, 2022 / 3:52 pm

Ditto dear friend. Time is not always kind and I post in haste. I will not be offended by your finds, either. 💜

5. Gr8BigFun May 13, 2022 / 10:58 pm

That I can do Fandango, the only request is that you respond in kind.

6. Pradeep May 13, 2022 / 10:59 pm

This is such a sweet post.
    You have a point. We always tend to overlook our own errors.
    A writer will never be able to figure out any faults – if there are any – in his/her own writings.
    Only another person will be able to do a good job of it.
    Please be assured, if I find any, I shall surely point that out to you.
    — Pradeep from Time and Tide