Share Your World — 05/09/2022

It’s time once again for Melanie’s Share Your World prompt.

What two totally normal things become really weird if you do them back to back?

I’m not sure about “back to back,” but if two normal things — farting and pooping — are accidentally done simultaneously (i.e., you go to fart and a little poop comes out) — that can be kind of weird and embarrassing. There’s even a name for that. It’s called a “shart.”

What is something that you just recently realized that you are embarrassed by, that you didn’t realize embarrassed you?

Sharting.

If Australia (including New Zealand and Tasmania – which I KNOW are different countries); the UK, Ireland, Germany, the USA, and Brazil, or Italy were represented by one food, which would it be for each?

• Australia: Shrimp on the barbie
  • New Zealand: Lamb chops
  • The U.K.: Shepherd’s pie
  • Ireland: Irish stew
  • Germany: Bratwurst
  • The U.S.: Hamburgers
  • Brazil: Empadãoes
  • Italy: Pasta

What might happen if Goldilocks and the Three Bears were set in modern times?

The three bears would be arrested for breaking and entering and Goldilocks would be relocated and put into witness protection.

Where was the most most embarrassing or inappropriate place you’ve passed audible gas?

During a job interview. It was embarrassing, but at least I didn’t shart.

If you celebrate it, how was your Mother’s Day? What did you do? If you don’t (because you’re a single guy or it’s not in your culture) please share something fun you did recently.

We loaded our ebikes onto our bike rack and drove to San Francisco, where we met our daughter and her fiancé to bike through Golden Gate Park and along the Pacific Ocean, as well as to stop at a wine cafe for lunch. Then we had a Mother’s Day dinner with our son, his wife, and our grandkids.

11 thoughts on “Share Your World — 05/09/2022

1. Marleen May 9, 2022 / 7:08 pm

We had a dinner, on Saturday evening into night, because my oldest son and his wife had family from out of town in town; not at their place, but they had obligations of entertaining (and they do feel like it’s about obligation because the longtime older boyfriend of a sister is an alcoholic… rich-ish but an alcoholic). And then there was a graduation celebration for someone in the family, and Mother’s Day… with her family and all those distant folks (who weren’t all being very committed about Mother’s Day anyway). On Sunday, the people without those obligations came over and watched Formula One racing. Pleasant enough. Very relaxed. I just liked being with them. The dinner the night before was home cooked by my sons and delicious and involved good company.

2. Marilyn Armstrong May 9, 2022 / 8:38 pm

Owen’s birthday was the 7th and by yesterday, we were out of celebration energy. Owen bought us a new TV for no reason except he felt we needed one — we did — so I guess we’d done enough for one weekend.

3. Jay May 10, 2022 / 6:50 am

I love that you chose empadão as Brazil’s representative – I’ll just be that annoying person and say the plural of empadão is empadões (don’t try to make sense of it). I’m curious as to what your favorite one is! Chicken and shrimp are the most popular ones here!

• Fandango May 10, 2022 / 10:18 am

Thanks. I have made the correction to the spelling of empadões. I mostly go for chicken.

• Jay May 10, 2022 / 11:07 am

Thank you! And chicken is definitely the best flavor, in my very biased opinion!

4. Melanie B Cee May 10, 2022 / 11:04 am

Thanks for Sharing Your World Fandango! Great answers and a very comprehensive list of “foods of the world” too! I had never seen the word spelled with an “O”, I suppose in Mexico and maybe other South American countries, as well as the USA it’s spelled “empanadA”. I wonder if it’s the same thing? Empanadas state side are like crisp burritos…a flour tortilla filled with fruit and deep fried and then rolled in sugar. My favorite is cherry. 😛 I’m glad you got some family time with your grandbabies too! Have a great week!

5. donmatthewspoetry May 12, 2022 / 4:01 am

Gawd.. Gonna have to watch my f’s and p’s now Fan. Didn’t know you invented the word. Is it in the dictionary?……..