Blogging Anonymously

In case you didn’t know it, my real name is not Fandango. It’s a pseudonym, a nom de plume, a pen name, a handle, a nickname, an alias, a pet name. I use it exclusively for my blog because I wish to be anonymous.

Why do I want to blog anonymously? Good question. My blog is like my house. One that I’ve built with years of sweat equity and I’m proud of it. It’s my bliss. But I choose to keep my true identity secret because I want to protect this house that I’ve built. It’s not because I have a sense of entitlement. It for my own protection. Let me explain.

As a reminder, I will, upon occasion, go on a brisk tirade about some controversial topics, like sex, religion, or politics, and such rants might anger or upset a few folks. By keeping my blog anonymous, I can sleep better at night knowing that no one is going to be able to find me and firebomb my home.

Furthermore, I can feel free to comment on other bloggers’ posts without fear of being identified and having someone hire a hit man to end me for having cast aspersions about their beliefs, perspectives, opinions, thoughts, or even their very existence. In this day and age, such a drastic action seems to be one way people respond to others who express ideas they don’t share.

But I don’t always come across like a screaming banshee on my blog. Some of my posts can be rather pedestrian. Dare I say even boring?

So there you have it. That’s why you know me only as Fandango. And let me just add that I wrote this post not to bilk you, my readers, but just for fun so that I could in fit in a bunch of daily prompt words. Because that’s how Fandango rolls. And that’s the way it should be — for those of us who want to blog anonymously.

This utterly ridiculous post was written for these daily prompts: Word of the Day Challenge (anonymous/bliss), The Daily Spur (house/entitlement ), My Vivid Blog (sweat/brisk), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (reminder/pedestrian), Your Daily Word Prompt (tirade/bilk), E.M.’s Random Word Prompt (comment/aspersions), and Ragtag Daily Prompt (banshee).

21 thoughts on “Blogging Anonymously

1. Paula Light May 7, 2022 / 4:39 am

I get it. I don’t like it, but I totally understand. What I mean is, I wish we didn’t have to feel unsafe because of the raging loons 😞

• Melanie B Cee May 7, 2022 / 10:26 am

I don’t think showing your entire life on something as dodgy as the internet is, is wise at all. Which is why I just use my first name. If someone were really really invested in finding me I suppose they could. But why bother? Besides there’s always that Google option (not that I’d ever ‘stalk’ Fandango or anyone!)

2. Lolsy's Library May 7, 2022 / 6:28 am

I should have done that, lol. Now I have to worry if my Religious side of the family will find me. Also my mum can be REALLY judgmental sometimes, it’s annoying, lol

3. Gr8BigFun May 7, 2022 / 6:28 am

What your real name is not Fandango, and all this time…

Hope you use a good VPN service. A pen name won’t be enough if they are motivated enough.

4. Neo Trinity May 7, 2022 / 9:33 am

Hiding in plain view is certainly less mentally stressful. To me Carlos fandango super wide wheels will be my primary though, whenever I hear fandango

5. Jay May 7, 2022 / 8:02 pm

Of course the post is ridiculous, we all know your name truly IS Fandango… you can trust us, you’re among friends here…

Important disclaimer: never take advice from me, I use my own nickname and my friends know of my blog, so I’m obviously the worst person to listen to 🙂

6. leigha66 May 9, 2022 / 8:56 am

I thought up my pen name back in middle school… it is much more freeing to be anonymous.

7. Carol anne May 11, 2022 / 5:17 pm

You should blog anonymously if you so choose! I for one have no objection!