E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt — Happy Days

It’s time once again for E.M. Kingston’s The Sunday Ramble. Her prompt is based upon a certain topic about which she asks five questions. We are invited to ramble on about that topic however we wish. Today’s topic is “Sunday, Monday, Happy Days.”

1. What is at least one thing that makes you happy today?

It’s still relatively early on Sunday where I am, but it’s a beautiful, sunny day and it’s supposed to reach the mid-seventies, so I’m planning on going for a bicycle ride on my ebike, and that makes me happy.

2. What is one thing that happened last week that made you feel positive and happy?

Let’s see. There was nothing specific about this past week that comes to mind, but I am getting more acclimated to my hearing aids, which I got about three weeks ago, so that makes me happy. No, I’m not happy that I need hearing aids, just that I’m getting used to them.

3. What is your positive personal mantra? (Mantra means “a statement or slogan repeated frequently” via Oxford Dictionary.)

I suppose it’s “whatever floats your boat,” which essentially means, “you do you and I’ll do me.” That is the way I live my life and the way I wish everyone else would.

4. What is the nicest act you secretly did for someone?

The word “secretly” makes this a tough one. Maybe it was when I surprised my wife with a trip to Hawaii for one of our anniversaries about a decade ago.

5. What is one hobby you would like to try?

Right now my only “hobby” is blogging. I might like to try painting, but I don’t think I have the patience or skills (i.e., artistic eye) to make it worthwhile investment of my time and effort.

Bonus Question: What is your go-to song to belt out in the shower?

I hate to disappoint, but I rarely sing in the shower. Instead, I do my best thinking when the hot, steamy water is falling on my body.

11 thoughts on “E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt — Happy Days

1. bushboy April 24, 2022 / 2:22 pm

If you want to try painting, my house needs a bit of a touch up 😂

2. Lauren April 24, 2022 / 4:38 pm

Trying a new hobby at this stage of the game, seems a bit overwhelming to me.

3. Marleen April 24, 2022 / 5:47 pm

From last to first: I don’t sing in the shower, but Jim Capaldi’s “Love Hurts” might be worth a try. I want to get muscled (or strong) enough to feel like it makes sense to try surfing. I can’t think of anything I’ve done good, nice, or bad in secret. My positive talk or thought is that I am responsible for what I believe (which also means I can’t blame my views on someone with edicts). I’m happy that, on Friday last week, I think I happened upon a good CPA to do my taxes. (My taxes are pretty simple, relatively speaking for an American in a country that makes it way more complicated than it needs to be, and I won’t owe anything; it’s just something that has to be actively addressed… in a milieux of a nation where most people at least hire some corner store beginner, as they are meant to, because of not feeling up to the task. I’ve always done it myself, before, but I am very distracted with other things now.) Today, I’m happy I see that a coat which was sized more than three sizes off has been received by the company and not lost in shipment.

4. Carol anne April 24, 2022 / 6:02 pm

Lol I do my best thinking in the shower too! I do sing too though sometimes. Lol.

5. Nope, Not Pam April 25, 2022 / 3:41 am

You should give painting a go, it’s meant to be very relaxing

6. emkingston April 25, 2022 / 11:53 pm

It was hotter here today. I think it got to 87 degrees. I baked all day lol. I hope this summer is not too bad of a scorcher, but the jury is still out on that. 😀 Painting seems like it would be calming, even if you did not paint like Da Vinci or Van Gogh. The only person who has to love it is you 🙂 Thanks for rambling with me, Fandango!