Share Your World — 04/18/2022

Better late than never, right? Here’s Melanie’s Share Your World for this week. Here are her questions.

In your opinion, what do you buy way more of than most people?

I honestly don’t know how to answer this, because I don’t know what most other people are buying. However, ever since we adopted our rescue dog last month, I can tell you that I’m spending a lot of money on dog food, dog toys, dog treats, and dog stuff. More than most other people? Maybe. Maybe not.

Which workers have the worst jobs?

I’m thinking it’s the people who have clean out the animal habitats at zoos. In my opinion, it’s a pretty shitty job, but somebody’s gotta do it.

Opinion. John Cage is a composer who composed a piece named 4’33” for any instrument. The performance are instructed not to play their instrument for four minutes and thirty-three seconds. Is this music or is this art? A combination of the two? Neither, it’s stupid. Your opinion?

I have no opinion because I’ve never heard of John Cage, I don’t really get what his composed piece is supposed to be, and I’m neither an art critic nor a music critic. So at the risk of sounding ignorant or apathetic, my answer is I don’t know and I don’t care.

How good are you at drawing?

I used to be pretty good at it when I was younger, but I haven’t really done much drawing of any kind in decades. So I’d say I’m not very good at it.

GRATITUDE SECTION

Feel free to share one amazing thing you’ve experienced (any time frame).

Four amazing things, actually. The births of my two children and the births of my two grandchildren.

18 thoughts on “Share Your World — 04/18/2022

1. Marilyn Armstrong April 18, 2022 / 9:13 pm

Buy some pencils. Rediscover art. It’s fun AND you don’t need to be on the computer for at least however long you are drawing. Much as I love computers, it’s good to do something that isn’t on a keyboard. Drawing came back fast. Maybe you don’t really lose it. It waits on the sidelines, kind of like the ability to ride a bike.

• Fandango April 18, 2022 / 11:13 pm

I’ve witnessed your rapid evolution in sketching and I’m impressed. Maybe even motivated.

• Melanie B Cee April 19, 2022 / 10:59 am

Um, in my personal experience? That riding a bike thing is false. I couldn’t do it, and I used to ride all over the place when I was a lot younger. I had to get a three wheel to even stay upright! 😆 But I agree whole-heartedly with your sentiments on drawing. I don’t do it often enough, I’m more a ‘color things in” with adult coloring books sort right now.

• Marleen April 19, 2022 / 11:17 am

I used to be very good at drawing. I suppose I still would be, but it takes some dedication in time. However, I do like to sketch plans for decorative items, home additions, remodeling or decorating, and gardening/yard work (that someone else will be implementing). One of my latest is for painting clouds on the family room ceiling (which I will be implementing).

2. Marleen April 19, 2022 / 10:40 am

I buy more organic cream than most people.

3. Melanie B Cee April 19, 2022 / 11:02 am

Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World! You ought to take a gander at E.M.’s gratitude meme. I think it suits your situation perfectly. 😉 There are a lot more urgent things in the world than figuring out why some guy ‘composed’ a piece of silence for 4 minutes or so. And I doubt you’re far out of the norm for buying “dog stuff”. I have it EVERYWHERE, there’s a variety of leads, food bowls, collars, toys…Ziggy fell into Dog Valhalla in a sense. Have a great week!

4. pensitivity101 April 19, 2022 / 11:38 am

Know what you mean about dogs Fandango. Maya has two beds, plus a cushion in the car, toys, and I have just stocked up on treats. How is your new baby settling in?

• Fandango April 19, 2022 / 11:13 pm

She’s doing well, although she’s still so energetic and demands a lot of attention. And we love her.

5. Marleen April 19, 2022 / 1:54 pm

I gave gratitude, this minute, because the young lady at the counter where I get my hair trimmed asked me one more question as I was on my way out. When I got to the car, bird poop fell on the driver door right in the dip behind the handle. Had I headed straight out, that shit woulda been on my hand.

• Marleen April 19, 2022 / 6:34 pm

*have gratitude [after having left the hair place] …

6. puppy1952 April 21, 2022 / 7:07 am

Nothing beats the birth of your kids and grandkids. Before a nephew of mine was born I told my dad that I loved all the other kids in the family so much I didn’t think that I could love another. He said that there was always enough love for one more. He was soooo right. I adore all my kids, nieces, nephews and grandchildren. They bring so much joy.

• Fandango April 21, 2022 / 9:57 am

You’re so right. Love is not finite, there’s always enough to go around.

Comments are closed.