E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt — Habits

It’s time once again for E.M. Kingston’s The Sunday Ramble. Her prompt is based upon a certain topic about which she asks five questions. We are invited to ramble on about that topic however we wish. Today’s topic is “Habits and Routines.”

1. Do you have a daily routine that you are used to, or do you just go with the flow of the new day?

As a retiree, I pretty much go with the flow, although there are routine tasks that I have to deal with, like daily hygiene, fixing and eating meals, walking the dog, and reading the newspaper. My latest routines that I’m trying to turn into habits are putting on my recently acquired hearing aids each morning and remembering to charge them each night, and remembering to floss each night to address my “deep pockets.”

2. Do you do anything in your life habitually that you wish you could stop?

Nope. I’m good with my habits and routines. I don’t smoke, I drink only a beer or two upon occasion, and I don’t do drugs, except for the occasional cannabis-infused marshmallow. Otherwise I consider all of my habits to be good ones.

3. If habit was the acronym H.A.B.I.T, what would it be short for?

Have A Blast In Time

4. Are we born with our bad habits? Or do we acquire them from the environment surrounding us?

I don’t believe babies are born sinners or have any bad habits. I think almost all of our habits — good and bad — are learned.

5. Are you a night owl, early bird, or something else when it comes to sleeping routines?

Back in the day I would have said that I’m a night owl. But like most people my age (i.e., old farts), I would have to say that I’m an early bird. These days it’s lights out by 10:30 or 11:00 and I wake up most days between 6:00 and 7:00.

14 thoughts on “E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt — Habits

1. donmatthewspoetry April 17, 2022 / 4:22 pm

cannabis-infused marshmallow?….jeez I’d watch this Fan…..can lead to addiction…

I thought all hearing aids used disposable batteries? never heard of rechargeable ones……..

2. Marleen April 17, 2022 / 5:24 pm

There might be a few “bad” habits we are born with — burping at the table, sucking our thumbs or biting our nails, picking our noses?

• Marleen April 17, 2022 / 6:08 pm

I agree, Fandango, babies aren’t born sinners.

(Also, I see picking one’s nose as a type of scratching generally [additionally often looked at as a bad habit but certainly not bad]. We learn to have manners; we also learn things that are actually bad.)

• Fandango April 17, 2022 / 11:15 pm

I know some people who never outgrow those specific bad habits.

3. Nope, Not Pam April 17, 2022 / 7:27 pm

11pm? That’s burning the midnight oil as far as I’m concerned 😮

4. emkingston April 17, 2022 / 9:14 pm

Great answers! I like the acronym and the answer about the born habits too. I think that 11 pm is the new 1 am lol. You may still be a night owl 🙂 Thanks for rambling with me and Happy Easter!