Weekend Quickie — April ‘22 #2

In what is now a weekly prompt, Rory has a new batch of Weekend Quickie questions for us to ponder.

Name one sport that is already dangerous but would be lethal if you were naked?

Wrestling? Maybe not lethal, but it might get kind of interesting depending upon what holds are or are not barred.

If l had three bananas in my right pocket and 17 grapes in my left pocket what would l have in my back pocket?

A can of whipped cream.

How many animals were aboard Noah’s Ark?

Two of each kind. And if you believe that, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you.

What is the second largest organ in your body and could you live without it?

I wouldn’t want to live without any organ in my body, but it seems that most Republicans in the United States have opted to live without their brains.

What is the most reckless thing you have ever done as an adult?

My then-future wife and I took a motorcycle camping trip across the country on a Kawasaki KZ 400. If you know anything about motorcycles, you’d know that that is not a proper touring bike for such a trip.

I came, I saw and I didn’t …. [what?]

do that!

What are 5 ways to keep warm when lost outside in a snowstorm with a stranger?

First, kill the stranger. Then slice him wide open, remove all the guts and vital organs, and crawl inside his carcass in order to stay warm until rescued. Hence, #2-5 would no longer be applicable.

How does your mind work – what am I talking about if these words are used – Melons, Jugs, bubbles, and orbs?

Strippers’ names. Duh!

Which language are these words and terms from? – ankle biter, strewth, bludger, sunnies barbie, nuddy, furphy, and woop woop?

Oompa-Loompan.

Do you prefer to ring my bell, push the button, knock on wood, or walk on by and why did you select your choice?

I’d walk on by. I don’t like to bother people unless I’m specifically invited.

Bonus Question
Who said, “It’s just a flesh wound?” And who were they talking to?

Ooh, I know this! It’s the Black Knight from “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”

14 thoughts on “Weekend Quickie — April ‘22 #2

1. SadiRose April 10, 2022 / 8:03 am

My first husband and I had a Kawasaki 400. Definitely not a touring bike. I loved your surviving the snowstorm answer. Very well thought out.

2. aguycalledbloke April 10, 2022 / 12:13 pm

Well answered … it’s the body thing that confuses me l have seen several answer this that way. Still l am confused, even with all the internal organs scooped out, what are the chances of a human fitting inside the cavity of another human being? it’s not like a moose or a horse or a bear which has a bigger carcass, but a human being, how much of ‘us’ would we get inside of us?

That Brooklyn Bridge did make me laugh. Wasn’t some chap called Parker responsible for selling that weekly?

Good answers Mr Whipped Cream with Strippers 🙂

• Fandango April 10, 2022 / 4:43 pm

I’m assuming the stranger was a really big man. And yes, it was George C. Parker who had repeated success “selling” the Brooklyn Bridge to gullible rubes.

• aguycalledbloke April 11, 2022 / 1:28 am

It is just fascinating the amount of people willing to kill a complete stranger ONLY to get inside and keep warm, truly fascinating behaviours 🙂

Yes, l remember reading about him, he was eventually sent to Sing Sing where he died.

• Fandango April 11, 2022 / 8:51 am

“It is just fascinating the amount of people willing to kill a complete stranger ONLY to get inside and keep warm, truly fascinating behaviors.” It’s the survival instinct in all of us.

• aguycalledbloke April 11, 2022 / 9:05 am

So your survival all depends upon your ability to kill a complete stranger and get inside their body cavity to keep warm?2 Wow, and people call me strange because l work with worms …… mm 🙂 Hahahaha

3. Monty Vern April 10, 2022 / 4:54 pm

Some fun answers. Naked Wrestling. Whip cream. Strippers. Crawling into a dead body. Wait – scratch that last one.

4. leigha66 May 16, 2022 / 7:58 pm

Monty Python, loved watching them on Saturday nights on public television. So funny!