Share Your World — 04/04/22

Melanie has treated us to another edition of Share Your World. Today she poses these questions:

Are you more productive at night or in the morning? Do you think it’s possible to change and get used to another schedule?

As a retiree, I’m never really “productive” these days. I used to be more of a morning person when I was still working. And I guess I still am, because usually by around ten at night, I’m ready to crash.

What’s the biggest vehicle you’ve driven? If you don’t drive, what’s the biggest vehicle you’ve ridden in?

I suppose it was a “Deuce and a half,” which is the term used to describe a 2 1/2 ton army transport vehicle. I had a military driver’s license in the army.

I also drove a 20’ U-Haul truck across the country when we moved from the east coast to the west coast.

What songs would be played on a loop in hell?

Any twangy, whiney country & western songs.

(Deep and chewy philosophical question): What does it mean to be a person? What constitutes “personhood?”

Are we talking legally, with all of the rights and privileges of a citizen? If so, my answer is a human being at birth. Personhood is simply the status of being a person.

How were your spirits (mood) over the past week?

Pretty much the same as they’ve been for the past two years: shitty.

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

22 thoughts on “Share Your World — 04/04/22

1. Carol anne April 4, 2022 / 11:12 am

I am with you on the shitty mood part! I loved your answer to the songs playing in hell question. X

• Melanie B Cee April 5, 2022 / 9:43 am

What’s with the hatin’ on C&W? 🥺🤠 First Jim and now Fandango and yourself Ms. Carol anne. Yee haw y’all. 😉 (I’d rather endure endless Johnny Cash songs than even one rap or hip hop, or screechy opera myself!) LOL 😛

• Fandango April 5, 2022 / 9:56 am

I just don’t like country music. I probably stems from when I was a teenager and my favorite AM radio station changed from a Top-Forty to a C&W format. That pissed me off.

• Melanie B Cee April 5, 2022 / 7:15 pm

It’s all good and I hope I didn’t give offense. 😞😟😧. I enjoy it because I grew up listening to it, from the classic weeping guitars and dead mothers dying in the rain in their monster truck to the ballads of the 60s and whatever that was in the 70s and 80s. Nothing wrong with disliking any style of music IMO. Take care.

• Fandango April 5, 2022 / 7:21 pm

No offense taken. Whatever floats your boat, right?

2. wrookieschu April 4, 2022 / 1:28 pm

Aww I hope your mood improves. I don’t imagine you being in a bad mood 😅

• Fandango April 4, 2022 / 7:53 pm

If Donald gets back into power, my head will literally explode.

• Melanie B Cee April 5, 2022 / 9:47 am

Why did someone have to say that? Now it’ll invoke that orange pile o’ crap!! 😡

😤🤯😱

• Marleen April 6, 2022 / 1:38 pm

Mike Giglio is a journalist whose focus is on war, terrorism and national security. In his latest piece for The Intercept, he profiled Stewart Rhodes, founder of the Oath Keepers, a U.S. paramilitary group that took part in the insurrection. Giglio joins Michel Martin to discuss …what drives him. … Originally aired on March 31, 2022.

• Marleen April 6, 2022 / 2:39 pm

Below is the ( more brief ) tagline attached to the video of the interview.

#amanpourpbs

Stewart Rhodes Led the Oath Keepers on January 6th…
          He feels betrayed by Trump | Amanpour and Company

• Marleen April 6, 2022 / 5:33 pm

“Giglio joins Michel Martin to discuss …what drives [Rhodes].”

3. Marleen April 4, 2022 / 10:18 pm

I haven’t been in an especially down or unpleasant mood; have been pretty okay (and am thankful I don’t need to be visibly productive* on a regular basis). But I’ve been in a preoccupied, “what do I do with the lawyer next” state. I think of additional pieces like a puzzle from one day to another, so it’s not a waste of time; I’ll get there.

If Donald Trump gets back in office, we’re a lost cause.

But then there’s this guy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Berlusconi Silvio Berlusconi (/ˌbɛərlʊˈskoʊni/

BAIR-luu-SKOH-nee; Italian: [ˈsilvjo berluˈskoːni] … born 29 September 1936… Italian media tycoon and politician who served as Prime Minister of Italy in four governments[2] from 1994 to 1995, 2001 to 2006 and 2008 to 2011. He was a member of the Chamber of Deputies from 1994 to 2013 and has served as a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) since 2019,[3] and previously from 1999 to 2001.

And, today, I thought yet further how totally terrible it is that we have a foreign state on a par with the atrocities of WWII while we have television programs that have to cover it all day every day before going home. With it on our tvs like that, are we going to get more serious about it? Trump has made himself worse than the likes of Berlusconi. He’s still basically acting like a pal of Putin.

I never served in anything remotely related to an armed force. I did, though, sit behind the wheel of a 26’ u-Haul truck. And that’s all. I was there… thinking, “I really don’t believe I can do this. I have to. What am going to do?” My nineteen-year-old son sprung around like it wasn’t going to be daunting at all. To my surprise, no issue. We went and moved him out of an apartment in the dark.

* I am productive whenever I decide to be. This is usually in the morning, because I don’t like to be “productive” after work hours. But, I can be productive through the entire night if need be. And all day through all evening day and week upon another when called for, and so on.

Those other two questions aren’t for me to touch with the proverbial ten-foot pole, today.

4. Marleen April 4, 2022 / 10:48 pm

You might like a bit of this, particularly from 4:40 in.

Trump ‘participated’: MAGA aide Navarro faces criminal contempt amid incriminating text scandal

The House Rules Committee has voted to advance the contempt resolution for former Trump aides Peter Navarro and Dan Scavino. The full House will soon vote on the resolution. MSNBC’s Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber and Obama vet Neal Katyal discuss the ramping pressure on Navarro and the state of the Jan. 6 probe. April 4, 2022

5. Melanie B Cee April 5, 2022 / 9:51 am

Thanks Fandango, for Sharing Your World! Clever answers, but I expected no less! 🙂 Hubby drove one of those transport dealies in the Army too, and graduated from those to semis after discharge. ♪♫♪ On the road again..♪♫♫ 🤠 yee haw. 😉 I’m sorry your spirits have taken a downward turn, but I don’t know how anyone is staying totally upbeat and positive all the time any more anyway. Feel better, you know, it might NOT happen! (yeah, Ms. Mary Sunshine is my ‘other’ name)! Have a great week!

6. leigha66 May 6, 2022 / 7:34 pm

Changing hours can work for the right person. I don’t think I could ever do it, but my great aunt used to work a swing shift that kept her rotating from days to evening to overnight. She said she loved the changing times.