My Last Photo — March ‘22

Brian, aka Bushboy, posted his monthly Last on the Card prompt, where he asks us to…

• Post the last photo from your camera’s SD card or the last photo from your phone taken in March.
  • No editing — who cares if it is out of focus, not framed as you would like, or the subject matter didn’t cooperate?
  • No explanations needed — just the photo will do.
  • Create a pingback to Brian’s post or link in the comments.
  • Tag “The Last Photo.”

So here’s the last photo I took on my iPhone in March.

My wife and I decided yesterday morning to go out in our backyard and sit a spell with our morning coffee. It was a little chilly outside at 8 am so I decided to fire up our gas fire pit.

27 thoughts on “My Last Photo — March ‘22

• Fandango April 1, 2022 / 1:39 pm

I guess you can roast marshmallows on it, but I also have a gas grill in my backyard.

• newepicauthor April 1, 2022 / 4:26 pm

I just heard that California is considering rescinding the decriminalization of marijuana.

• Fandango April 1, 2022 / 4:49 pm

It already is. California became the first state to allow medicinal cannabis use when voters passed the Compassionate Use Act in 1996. Today, cannabis is legal in California for both medicinal and adult (recreational) use.

• Marleen April 1, 2022 / 5:41 pm

This is from CNN: The House has voted with a slim bipartisan majority to federally decriminalize marijuana.

The vote was 220 to 204. Republicans Tom McClintock of California, Brian Mast and Matt Gaetz, both of Florida, joined the majority of Democrats in supporting the bill, while Democrats Henry Cuellar of Texas and Chris Pappas of New Hampshire voted against.

• newepicauthor April 1, 2022 / 5:48 pm

Sorry, this was my poor attempt at an April fool’s joke. I wanted to gage your reaction, but apparently you misread my intention.

• Fandango April 1, 2022 / 6:19 pm

I’m feeling pretty thick these days. Sorry I missed your joke and I knew you knew that pot was legalized in California. Sorry if my response lacked humor.

• Marleen April 1, 2022 / 5:49 pm

I’m pretty sure California legalized rather than decriminalized. But maybe they did both. Decriminalization, in my opinion, would make the plant no more illegal or controlled than literal grass. I think both [decriminalization and legalization] are good. Legalization makes it possible to buy measured and purified guaranteed items. It also makes taxation possible. (I think CNN might not know the difference.)

• Marleen April 1, 2022 / 7:45 pm

(What a coincidence that this occurred today.)
              The article goes on to say the GOP wants to put on more restrictions even if they approve medical use and taxation. Jerks.

……

As it stands now, marijuana is classified by the federal government as a “schedule 1” drug, meaning it is considered highly addictive with no medicinal value — the same as heroin, and worse than fentanyl, methamphetamine and cocaine.

The vast majority of House Republicans on Friday voted against a bill ending the federal prohibition on marijuana, underscoring the deep reservations that remain in the GOP over its use and allowing it to become widely available even as support for legalization grows.

Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee warned that passage of the bill would lead to widespread use of the drug. They also said it ignores the established science about marijuana’s harmful effects.

………….

1. Carol anne April 1, 2022 / 10:38 am

What to you is chili weather? in the 50’s or 60’s? Its like that here every day! X

• Fandango April 1, 2022 / 1:41 pm

It was about 48 at the time, but later in the day warmed up to about 70.

• Carol anne April 1, 2022 / 1:52 pm

48 Isabel what we get in the morning time here to some days it warms up to 70 some days it doesn’t

2. leigha66 April 1, 2022 / 12:08 pm

That is a nice looking fire pit… what a great place to relax!

3. Marleen April 1, 2022 / 12:38 pm

Very nice! Reminds me of an evening sitting outside with my son visiting from New Zealand and his (someday) wife who had joined him visiting here in The States. We went in a little vacation, together, in another state. In other words, we don’t have a fire pit of our own but did enjoy one. Your view beyond, as we’ve noticed before, is outstanding. And I really like the specific design of the wood {aka artistic inclusion} over the fire.

4. JT Twissel April 1, 2022 / 12:57 pm

The last picture I took (iPhone) was a shopping list. Lol! Looks cozy.

• Marleen April 1, 2022 / 1:20 pm

I took a picture of a newly-painted (almost finished) front door and its moulding or wood trim (along with its sidelights’ wood trim both painted and to be left not painted). But I do take pictures of things like lists, too. In fact, the very last was of an online receipt. I additionally took a photo of someone going into a post office, for me, to return a clothing item yesterday.

5. bushboy April 1, 2022 / 1:56 pm

That is a lovely cosy place to sit Fandango. I love the shapes in the flames making a great Last Photo. Thanks for joining in 🙂 🙂

6. Nope, Not Pam April 2, 2022 / 2:41 am

Wow, what a gorgeous view