Fandango’s Provocative Question #162

FPQ

Welcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

The other day my wife said something about getting a do-over related to something that happened years ago. She said that she wished she could go back and do something different. I hope she wasn’t referring to having married me!

In any event, that got me thinking about this week’s provocative question, which is…

If you could have a second chance at just one event in your life, what would you choose? What would you do differently? How do you think your life would be different now?

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

27 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #162

1. rugby843 March 23, 2022 / 11:36 am

This is like time travel! I can think of multiple things I wish I had done differently but then I would sacrifice what I now have come to love.

Sent from my iPhone

• Marleen March 23, 2022 / 1:36 pm

Melanie, your selection of cartoons and your love of your pets demonstrates that you are about as optimistic as our current world warrants. Nice answer.

2. Marleen March 23, 2022 / 1:51 pm

I didn’t think I was going to answer. Then it dawned on me; something I’ve seriously wished I hadn’t done but that wouldn’t have disruptive repercussions for the change. I would decrease the number or length of time of my mother’s visits while I was bringing up my children (and especially wouldn’t allow her around during a couple of the births). A lighter-hearted difference this would make is fewer replacement buys for clothing she shrank no matter how many times I instructed and begged that she leave my laundry alone. All she had to do was show up once or twice per year to ruin a lot. On the more serious end: After the birth of my last child, she kept on insisting on interacting with me while I was taking a shower… until I got light headed from being there too long (and the healing in the womb separated and had to form all over again). There are “in-between” matters like stupid things she didn’t think through that my children wouldn’t have had to hear or see. (She said to my oldest child, when he was twoish, that he would be a “lady killer” — which I quickly brought to her [and their] attention as unacceptable.)

3. donmatthewspoetry March 24, 2022 / 2:44 am

If I were not a blogger
    A blogger I’d not be
    I’d then have time to sit around
    And cogitate bout me

It does take up lotsa time…….

4. kajmeister26 March 24, 2022 / 1:56 pm

I am not a big believer in regrets–but I do have one! I would not have jumped on that ping pong table in the basement of the church bazaar when I was in the 3rd grade. It was so embarrassing when it broke!

As far as relationships, job choices, major life decisions — je ne regrette rien!

• Fandango March 24, 2022 / 9:53 pm

That’s the best attitude. Nothing can be done to change the past, so get over it and move on.

5. Marilyn Armstrong March 24, 2022 / 8:20 pm

I think I’ve read too many time travel novels. i don’t think you can change the past even in small ways without disrupting your life path. History can’t be changed because History will rise up and punish you. Every science fiction writer says so and I believe them. My post will be up tomorrow morning.

• Fandango March 24, 2022 / 9:58 pm

We just watched “The Adam Project” on Netflix. It was like a mash-up of “Back to the Future” and “Star Wars.” Mildly entertaining.

6. Marilyn Armstrong March 25, 2022 / 11:33 am

Sometimes I really wonder what life would have been like had I not gone to Israel. Had it not nearly drowned me during the March storms that year (1979) and thus met someone I shouldn’t have married — who pushed me into working at a career I never imagined — and which in the end turned me into the writer I wanted to be — and made me come home again and get together with Garry — and wound up with me here, in this Valley, with Garry. ONE little turn that was just a wee bit different and my life would have been something else. I have no idea what it might have been. As Vanda so well put it, you can’t unscramble the eggs.

TO DO (OVER) OR NOT TO DO (OVER) – THAT IS THE QUESTION

• Fandango March 25, 2022 / 4:17 pm

No, you can’t unscramble the eggs or put the toothpaste back in the tube.

7. leigha66 April 22, 2022 / 12:01 pm

Every decision got me to the place I am now… it all created the person I am today and I am getting more and more comfortable with that every day so I would not change anything.

Comments are closed.