Share Your World — 03/14/2022

It’s time for another edition of Melanie’s Share Your World prompt. This week she is asking…

How do you tell if someone has a sense of humor?

If they make me laugh. Even more important, if they laugh at my jokes.

What sort of music do you prefer?

Classic rock, baby.

Thoughts on gravy or sauce? Yea or nay?

I’m not sure I understand the “yea or nay” aspect of this question. Both gravy and sauce exist. That said, gravy goes on meats (turkey, beef, chicken), and some veggies (mashed potatoes). Sauce goes on pasta, some meats (barbecue sauce), to spice things up (hot sauce), or from crushed or jellied fruits, like apple sauce or cranberry sauce, respectively. So my thought on both gravy and sauce are “yea” unless you call the red sauce that goes on pasta, gravy, in which my vote would be “nay.”

Would you enjoy a hot air balloon ride?

Yes. My wife and I went on a hot air balloon ride over Napa Valley for one of our anniversaries and it was great. Fantastic views one mile up in the air and so quiet. My advice, though, is to wear a hat, especially if you’re tall. The heat from the burner used to heat the air that keeps the balloon afloat almost singed what few remaining hairs I had left on the top of my head.

What do you think is widely taken for granted?

Many of us, myself included, took American democracy for granted.

13 thoughts on “Share Your World — 03/14/2022

1. Sadje March 14, 2022 / 9:03 am

Advice on wearing a hat noted.

2. rugby843 March 14, 2022 / 10:11 am

Gravy on pasta is what my Italian friend called it😁🤷🏼‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone

3. JT Twissel March 14, 2022 / 11:04 am

Yup, democracy is definitely being taken for granted.

4. Melanie B Cee March 14, 2022 / 11:31 am

Thanks for Sharing Your World Fandango. That last one was very sobering and worse it’s true. That’s what I suppose we get for taking that for granted. 😦 I’ll give a little (short, swear) backstory about gravy/sauce. I’m not a fan of either substance, although your explanation of each was great. No, red sauce is NOT gravy, but I’ve seen sausage gravy on biscuits that was red(dish). I am finding that everyone and their cousins who work in the fast food industry (what few are left anyway) tend to glob ‘sauce’ on any kind of fast food sandwich or burger. Even burritos, which might bear some salsa on that, but not ranch dressing IMHO 🤢 I always ask for the sauce (whatever the hell kind it is to be left OFF my food. They get it right about 45% of the time). Yuck. I admit the question could have been better written, such as “How do you feel about sauce (name some sauces) on fast food. That might have explained things better. Hm. I’m glad to hear someone has enjoyed a hot air balloon ride, I want to do that once before I toddle off the pier. I hope the new addition to your household is settling in and that you have a great week! 😀

5. Lauren March 14, 2022 / 1:09 pm

I envy your going up in a hot air baloon. I would freak out at it singing your hair though.

6. Marilyn Armstrong March 14, 2022 / 7:02 pm

See, now I had the same question. Are we discussing where gravy and sauce are the same thing or whether I like one or the other.

• Fandango March 14, 2022 / 10:01 pm

I interpreted it the former way, but I see others interpreted it the latter way.

7. J-Dub March 15, 2022 / 1:18 pm