E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt — In the Kitchen

It’s time once again for E.M. Kingston’s The Sunday Ramble. Her prompt is based upon a certain topic about which she asks five questions. We are invited to ramble on about that topic however we wish. Today’s topic is “Kitchen and Food.”

When you are in the kitchen cooking (or cleaning), do you have anything playing in the background (e.g.,TV, music, Julia Childs, etc.) while you are completing your tasks?

I almost always have my favorite SiriusXM channel, Classic Vinyl, from my TV on in the background. I loved me my classic rock.

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten that someone cooked for you?

Tongue, as I explained in this post.

Thinking of that weird food, did you like it enough to eat it again or get the recipe?

Once I put two and two together, I refused to eat tongue ever again.

What’s the food you usually refuse to share?

For the right people, there is no food I would refuse to share.

Do you use recipes when you cook, or do you have your own way of cooking the food that you love?

I generally follow directions the first few times I prepare a particular meal. However, after that, I will often improvise.

Bonus: Pick three smells in your kitchen that make you happy when you smell them.

• Fresh brewed coffee
  • Sizzling bacon
  • Freshly baked bread

Fandango

Photo credit: shutterstock.com

14 thoughts on “E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt — In the Kitchen

1. Lauren March 13, 2022 / 1:14 pm

My aunt loved tongue. I refused to even try it.

• Fandango March 13, 2022 / 5:44 pm

I ate it before I realized what it was. But not since then.

2. rugby843 March 13, 2022 / 1:27 pm

Agreed on the smells and would add brownies baking😂

Sent from my iPhone

3. Carol anne March 14, 2022 / 2:09 am

I said the exact same 3 smells as you Fandango! 😛

4. emkingston March 14, 2022 / 1:45 pm

My stank face came on as soon as I read tongue 😀 I remember going to the store with my grandma, County Market, and they always had all those weird cuts of beef and such, like tongues and tripe. The tongues I would just stare at. I always was trying to figure out who would eat that lol. I was only about 8 years old. Grandma would always find me staring at odd meat. 😀

Great smells 🙂 I am with you on coffee! I love the smell of my coffee first thing in the morning.
    Thanks for rambling with me, Fandango! I enjoyed your answers. Have a great week!

5. Marleen March 15, 2022 / 1:41 pm

Probably what would be considered the weirdest thing served to me, that I’ve eaten… was not cooked. I had sea urchin at a sushi place in California (the bay area).

6. leigha66 April 9, 2022 / 3:44 pm

Those are great smells… I might add either popcorn or cinnamon rolls. Mmmm!

Comments are closed.