Truthful Tuesday — The Forefront of My Mind

Yes, I know it’s Thursday, but Frank, aka PCGuy, was late in publishing this week’s Truthful Tuesday posts, so I figured I could be late in responding. Anyway, this week Frank wants to know…

What issue or issues are forefront in your mind at the moment?

So many issues are at the forefront of my mind right now. Let’s see, where can I begin?

• The Russian Invasion of Ukraine and what the implications of that act of aggression by Vladimir Putin will be for the nation of Ukraine and its people.
  • Related, the affect of that invasion on the global economy. More specifically, the American stock markets, where most of my retirement dollars are invested.
  • Whether it’s time to bite the bullet and get hearing aids, since I’m about 95% deaf in my left ear and about 40% deaf in my right ear. Can you please stop mumbling and speak up? Sheesh.
  • Whether my wife and I should adopt another rescue dog, since we lost our last dog in November 2020 and our cat this past January. My wife wants to. Me, not so much.
  • What the goddam Republicans are doing to my country.
  • Whether I should pay someone else to wash all of our windows or do it myself.

Okay, I think that about covers it.

21 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — The Forefront of My Mind

1. newepicauthor March 3, 2022 / 6:47 am

I bought this really good squeegee, it was expensive, but it does a great job. It makes it so much easier to wash the windows.

2. Sadje March 3, 2022 / 7:43 am

Get the hearing aids. That’s one issue that has a solution.

3. amoralegria March 3, 2022 / 10:00 am

Your answers are just about what I would say. I already have hearing aids but rarely wear them because I have glasses and also having masks around my ears. (I know, I could use a mask extender, but that’s a hassle), Besides, I can’t get the left one in, for some reason. If you’ve lost that much hearing, you’d better get hearing aids quick because some hearing loss can never be recovered.

4. Marleen March 3, 2022 / 10:59 am

My dad’s dad had a habit of painting one side of the house per summer (so the place would be entirely repainted every four years). He died, of exhaustion, right after doing that the last time. I was five; he was such a calm and loving person I remember him. I recommend hiring. Maybe… unless the windows are all at easy-reaching level and you can address them in a leisurely manner.

5. Nope, Not Pam March 3, 2022 / 11:03 am

Start simple, pay someone to wash the windows 🙂

6. Lauren March 5, 2022 / 6:14 pm

I have most of the same concerns. Not losing my hearing yet. Unless your windows are all on the first floor, hire somebody. Get a rescue dog. If you heart can handle it, get a senior rescue dog. You don’t have as much time with them which hurts, but you know you are giving them amazing final years. They are often hard to place and need lots of love. I like knowing that they have been in someone’s house for a little training before I pick them up.