FOWC with Fandango — Launch

FOWC

It’s February 25, 2022. Welcome to Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (aka, FOWC). I will be posting each day’s word just after midnight Pacific Time (U.S.).

Today’s word is “launch.”

Write a post using that word. It can be prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. It can be any length. It can be just a picture or a drawing if you want. No holds barred, so to speak.

Once you are done, tag your post with #FOWC and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Please check to confirm that your pingback is there. If not, please manually add your link in the comments.

And be sure to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this prompt. You will marvel at their creativity.

35 thoughts on “FOWC with Fandango — Launch

1. bushboy February 25, 2022 / 12:59 am

Should this be a new start of a commenting career, bringing a new product with me for everyone to enjoy or just burst out boldly and slide down the slipway of blogging to mark a special occasion with an amount of hoopla, fireworks or just party poppers Fandango 🙂

2. donmatthewspoetry February 25, 2022 / 1:15 am

ODE TO LUNCH, LAUNCH sorry

I’m whipping up my neurons
    Take off you lot, (prompt – launch)
    Launch me words of wisdom
    (Yep) I hear your craunch

Craunch Fan? Press or grind with crackling noise. How ’bout that?

3. Marleen February 25, 2022 / 5:10 am

New Health Affairs Paper Proves
    Mask Mandates Work| Or Does It?

There are some studies we just can’t meaningfully launch (some, at all; some, any more). I like this scientist’s “Challenges with Obs Research” presentation and agree especially with what he says from seventeen minutes in.

• Marleen February 25, 2022 / 8:43 am

The vaccination campaign for Covid-19 was the launch of a major experiment under emergency conditions (as the emergency “authorization” rather than an “approval” or, properly, approvals for each indicated); we now know that what the UK did was better than what the US (and NZ following) did. We’ve known for over a year; the official change came this week.

Listening, now, from the two-minute mark.

The CDC, on the quiet, have just slipped
      this in: US vaccine intervals increased
      [having been too close together before]

• Marleen March 2, 2022 / 2:51 am

I first saw this topic presented by one of the health professionals to whom I have often listed. But his presentation was almost an hour long. This presenter does it in a little over six minutes.

Pfizer Vaccine Integrates Into DNA Of Human Liver Cells In Vitro · 1 day ago

• Marleen March 2, 2022 / 9:28 am

“This is big news. There are other things going on in the news; this will get pushed to the back burner.”

Kids Vax 5 to 11 Year Old – New York Vaccine Effectiveness Data | Omicron | COVID19 · 1 day ago

4. Marleen February 25, 2022 / 2:21 pm

#SILKSONIC #FLYASME

{OMG THEY MADE THIS SONG EVEN BETTER!!?} Silk Sonic “FLY AS ME” LIVE AT SOUL TRAIN AWARDS REACTION!! · 2 months ago

I enjoyed the launch of this “American R&B superduo” in 2021; what a genius idea. And there’s a little d-o-i-n-k at various spots. I recognized the sound but has to concentrate to remember where I know it from. ( It’s from Ozomatli and Chali 2na. )

• Marleen February 26, 2022 / 11:29 am