Frank (aka PCGuy) and Di (aka Pensitivity101) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. Today is Di’s turn and she has given us some unusual words and wants to know what they mean.
1. What is a flagon? It’s the opposite of a flagoff.
2. What is acnestis? It’s chronic acne on the buttocks.
3. What is a halfpace? It’s half the speed of a fullpace.
4. What is clinomania? It’s an unnatural fear of setting foot inside of a health clinic.
5. What is petrichor? It’s a sealed container used for the disposal of contaminated petri dishes.
6. What is tittynope? It’s an expression mothers teach their daughters to say if they’re out with a boy who tries to grope them.
7. What is xertz? It’s the sound a weightlifter makes when he or she exerts a loft of effort while doing a bench press.
8. What is agastopia? It’s a reaction one gets when they experience something that fills them with shock or horror.
9. What does evancalous mean? It’s the response most Republican lawmakers have to the plights of their constituents.
10. What is Nudiustertian? It’s a type of exhibitionism characterized by disrobing and walking around naked in public.