Only In America

Some of you who are reading this might think I’m exaggerating or making a mountain out of a molehill, but it’s very clear to me that Republican legislators in red states all across the country are looking for opportunities to enshrine white Christian sensibilities into state law. Their aim is to turn the United States into a white supremacist theocracy.

Let me give you some examples of why I feel this way. A Republican Oklahoma state senator, Rob Standridge, has introduced legislation that would allow parents to sue any public school educators who teach anything “in opposition to closely held religious beliefs of students.” Standridge has also introduced a bill that would give individual parents the power to demand the removal of any book from school shelves that they believe contains LGBTQ content.

What could this mean for Oklahoma teachers?

• A biology teacher who discusses evolution could be sued by Creationist parents.
  • A health teacher who educates students about different forms of birth control could be sued by abstinence-promoting parents.
  • A history teacher who correctly describes the Founding Fathers as a mix of religious and non-religious individuals could be a target of conservative evangelicals.
  • An English teacher who wants to challenge kids with thought-provoking literature would be forced to stick to only the blandest books.

And then there’s Florida, where Republican Governor Ron DeSantis has proposed the “Stop Woke Act,” where WOKE is an acronym for “Wrongs to Our Kids and Employees.” The act would let Florida parents sue schools that offered instruction in critical race theory. Critical race theory is an academic concept based on the idea that racism is not about individual people’s prejudices, but about institutions and policies. It does not, as Republican lawmakers and pundits in the right-wing media claim, teach that all white people are racist.

This bill would essentially ban making white people feel bad about racism. The bill would make it illegal for public schools and private businesses to inflict “discomfort” on white people during lessons or training about discrimination. It was already passed by the state’s Senate Education Committee, its first hurdle before becoming a law.

Another piece of state legislation in Florida, dubbed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill by opponents, would allow teachers to be subject to lawsuits if they discuss sexuality and gender issues in the classroom.

In Virginia, the newly elected Republican governor, Glenn Youngkin, announced that he’s created a “tip line” for parents to report instances of school officials “behaving inappropriately,” by which he means teaching “divisive” subjects like critical race theory. Youngkin had already issued an executive order banning the use of such concepts and now he’s asking the good, white Christians in his state to snitch on teachers. “We’re asking for folks to send us reports and observations,” Youngkin said. “Help us be aware of their child being denied their rights that parents have in Virginia, which will give us the ability to make sure we’re rooting it out.”

These examples I’ve given in Oklahoma, Florida, and Virginia are just three examples of this insanity. Republican legislators in many states in which they are in charge are passing laws to ban books and forbid the teaching of subjects that do not support Christian teachings, or that make white people uncomfortable.

And these same Republican controlled states have already enacted laws that are designed to make it more difficult for people of color to vote and easier for Republican legislators to decide what votes to count and what votes to toss.

This is America in the second decade of the 21st century. If you’re not scared or pissed off about the future of America after reading this post, you must be a Republican.

104 thoughts on “Only In America

1. Mister Bump UK February 3, 2022 / 4:44 am

Meh, what goes around, comes around.

If these states wish to breed uneducated people, employers will take that into account when considering whether to set up shop there.

And, people seem to move around the US a lot. The quality of education is a big factor in that decision. So presumably there’ll be less immigration into those states, too.

The only sad thing is the current generation, who don’t have a say.

I think Europe has religious teaching about right, by the way. In terms of religion itself, pupils are taught about the key tenets of each faith, but there is not really indoctrination of one faith over any other. Indirect things such as evolution are just assumed.

• EliBritain February 3, 2022 / 4:59 am

Yes I think understanding of religions is the context of all religious studies in Europe, whilst you may not believe in the others religion (applying an understanding to that religion is what should always be taught). I do still think some schools you may find do impose a certain belief (a daily prayer structure in the Catholic schools) even these are open to all and not enforced to have those views. If those schools producing better grades may be opted by parents of other religions having their children attend to enhance their potential learning and opt out of the faith structure the school provides.

• Fandango February 3, 2022 / 7:57 am

We are teaching intolerance in our schools and ignoring a large portion of the history of our country because it makes white parents uncomfortable.

• Mister Bump UK February 3, 2022 / 8:47 am

Yes, but if those parents wish to bring their children up uneducated… It’s probably as well they live in an enclave so that the rest of you can get on with your lives.

I mean, let’s say you get a job offer in one of these states. Your kids’ education will be a factor. People won’t go.

• Fandango February 3, 2022 / 8:58 am

For some parents, other factors, like the cost of living, the cost of housing, and the availability of jobs, take precedent over the quality of their kids’ educations.

• Marleen February 3, 2022 / 9:34 am

We really can’t be blasé about most of these things. There are very educated people who side with them, are them; they tend to be engineers, managers, financial planners, etcetera. And they could easily be factory workers (were states to being back manufacturing — and I am in favor of bringing back at least some of that).

• Mister Bump UK February 3, 2022 / 9:37 am

Ansolutely. It becomes a factor, that’s all I’m saying. One factor among several.

• EliBritain February 3, 2022 / 9:37 am

Education is foremost and lacking a child’s development and education in an area unfortunately can lead to ignorance, here in UK schools are ranked by acheived grades of past students, so if a Catholic school is then ranked higher those who may wish to apply even if from an alternative religion are able to *as not allowing this comes under discrimination laws as well as the fact all schools have to follow the curriculum* they may add parts to the curriculum like daily optional prayers* but to discriminate on anything other than being later to apply or practicality of getting to the school (because of distance) would be severely frowned upon and breaking the laws. I know a Catholic school which probably has half Muslim religion students because they want to attend a school which acheives good grades and this does not make those of the other religion uncomfortable nor does the teaching of each others beliefs as done so for knowledge purposes. As said those children and parents can opt out of the religious practices themselves but not the core curriculum. I do not understand how then parents can say it makes them uncomfortable when they are not teaching what to believe but the knowledge of seeing others beliefs or history. If I was say in China, I would not expect to be taught my first language English as the core language, as in English language subjects in UK I would expect them to be regarding UK history of the language (both good and bad), the other subjects I believe are and should be more about the world as a whole.

• Marleen February 3, 2022 / 4:32 pm

Makes a lot of sense. I went to a Lutheran high school, although I wasn’t Lutheran. A few of (not most of or even near half or even a quarter of) the students (depending upon which sort of Lutheran church they went to) thought people like myself shouldn’t be allowed at the educational institution — even that maybe the other kind of Lutheran shouldn’t be there. 😂

2. EliBritain February 3, 2022 / 4:45 am

This bill would allow parents to sue teachers for $10,000 “per incident, per individual.” The fine would need to be paid by the teacher “from personal resources” and the educator cannot “receive any assistance from individuals or groups.” If the teacher is unable to pay and receives assistance, they will be fired immediately and unable to teach in the state for five years. -> WOW I have copied the above because I am in a state of shock…(I know every parent wants to assume their kid is perfect, but today not many people could say they would want to go into the profession of teaching and deal with unruly kids). In the UK for instance a child accuses the teacher tarnishes their reputation (this happened when I was 16 to a teacher who was accused by a 12 year old) for the teacher to be suspended and later it was shown the child had been lying and his friends too… so my question for this is if they imposed a penalty onto the teacher would the penalty the teacher could raise against the student be 10 times as large as will this make the kids think first 😉 and for any teacher that has the patience to teach young minds and influence the future generations I think deserve praise for all their hardwork

• Fandango February 3, 2022 / 8:24 am

Teaching ought to be a fulfilling and rewarding profession, but that seems to no longer be the case. It is now thankless and has become increasingly politically. At least here in the States.

• EliBritain February 3, 2022 / 8:58 am

Yes not sure i could do the profession, but for those in it they should strive to teach and not be reprimanded for doing so… such a shame to see this as an outlook for the profession which should be there to cater to all.

3. Carol anne February 3, 2022 / 4:47 am

Wow! Thats all so crazy and insane! I am glad I dont live in america! xo

• Fandango February 3, 2022 / 8:26 am

I know. It’s terribly disturbing to me.

4. Maggie February 3, 2022 / 5:20 am

All these acts of protesting and creating ways to ‘make people pay’ feed into fear for these people. I can acknowledge the racism this country was built on and still fight against it by educating our youth. Acknowledging our history makes me want to change it for the generations to come. I fear that as long as these nutjobs are continually elected into positions of power, the glimmer of hope dims. Teachers have always held the responsibility when children’s parents have failed them. Some will fight and some will quit and our education system, like so many of our democratic institutions will start to crumble.

• Fandango February 3, 2022 / 8:27 am

True. Given these circumstances, who would want to enter the teaching profession anymore?

• Maggie February 3, 2022 / 3:21 pm

There are shortages everywhere. It would not be a career I would lean toward outside of possibly grade school.

5. VJ Knutson February 3, 2022 / 5:50 am

Insanity is alive and well and apparently not subtle at all.

6. suze hartline February 3, 2022 / 6:24 am

Living in Oklahoma, I can only keep on showing up at the state legislature and continue berating the idiots for their un-constitutional (and un-Christian) endeavors. Even if all the independents and democrats that are registered in this state vote for someone other than the morons, they will still get into office as we are so few. Please don’t tell me to “move”…we are too old and too bloody POOR to even consider such a thing, and frankly the morons in power are in every single state. Don’t begin saying “the blue states should stop funding the red ones”….that would accomplish zero change EXCEPCT we would lose meals for children and the elderly and disabled (me and my grandchildren), extra help paying for our medications (me again), as well as assistance paying for heating/cooling. It is frustrating beyond belief to be one of the people who constantly attempt to bring about change that is reasonable, rational and for the good of everyone, barely avoiding jail time for annoying the state senators and congressmen without those types of commentary. and yes, I get the messages almost every time I comment on where I live. Sorry for the rant Jill….it’s been a rough few days.

• suze hartline February 3, 2022 / 6:25 am

argggg, sorry Fang for the wrong name in the apology….

• Fandango February 3, 2022 / 8:33 am

No need for apologizing. I read Jill’s post today about Whoopi Goldberg and the issues in her post and mine overlap.

• Fandango February 3, 2022 / 8:31 am

I know, Suze. This whole situation is very disheartening and most people don’t have the flexibility to move or take other actions. It’s so frustrating when your common sense voice falls upon deaf ears.

7. lifelessons February 3, 2022 / 7:36 am

OMG. The world really has gone crazy. Not that I doubted it before.

• Fandango February 3, 2022 / 8:45 am

Yeah, unwittingly and often unknowingly so.

• Lou Carreras February 3, 2022 / 12:21 pm

I’m no longer sure that it’s unwittingly. perhaps more like coopted.

• Fandango February 3, 2022 / 12:38 pm

Good word choice, Lou.

8. XingfuMama February 3, 2022 / 7:44 am

Meanwhile, how are the science and math scores in these districts? The Russians and Chinese are laughing their way to the bank on this. If you happened to be a nation with long term goals to weaken America you couldn’t wish for anything better.

• Fandango February 3, 2022 / 8:35 am

Yes, The Russian and Chinese governments couldn’t be happier. The United States is imploding and is destroying itself from within.

• XingfuMama February 3, 2022 / 9:31 am

Or at the suggestions posted to carefully selected influencers by “friends”. Both those governments are skilled at media usage. I know it sounds conspiracy, but just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.

• Marleen February 3, 2022 / 12:02 pm

We have people — out in the open — on the side of Russia, for some nutso reason(s). That’s with ordinary people but also with Tucker Carlson (most popular talker in the “FOXnews” universe and very popular on RT [in Russia] re-shared), besides the Russia or Putin sentiments being out in the open with some Christians 🥲. I don’t consider myself a Christian (Christianity having been established in the fourth century). But there are individuals and enclaves who haven’t taken the time (or don’t have it) to figure out the history who are very decent and very intelligent. The nuts (and the history) give them a bad name. Christians are a grouping who would do better to be suspicious (and many are) when online as well as in some other situations.

• XingfuMama February 3, 2022 / 12:42 pm

We do indeed. A lot doesn’t make sense these days. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of actually reading Jesus’s teachings and using them as guidelines for behavior in much of the “Christian” community.

• Marleen February 3, 2022 / 9:44 am

You can get good science and math scores and still be coo-coo on history and liberal arts or humanities and so on, and many do (as I also posted above). And honesty (or hypocrisy); they want to even tell private businesses what to teach.

• XingfuMama February 3, 2022 / 10:39 am

It’s true you can, up to a point anyway. At some point you do have to put the kibosh on logic to effect these types of changes. Kids tend to be curious sorts.
        Also, these are generally the same folks who are fighting against biological science being taught. In the US anyway, bio is usually the first of the serious sciences taught and only those who get through that go on to chemistry and physics.
        My point was intended to be more along the lines of pointing out that while people are fussing about crazy, education itself is being neglected, and undermined as a priority. I have read that the reactionary nutter-butters who are likely in control of the GOP (e.g., the Kochs, Betsy DeVos) want to get rid of public education entirely. If you had that as a goal, then encouraging this kind of nonsense is an excellent first step in undermining both the integrity of the system and public support. The protestors are already distrusting the education system and their activism is undermining the trust that intelligent people have for the system. While there is no proof of such intent, it is the worst case scenario and maybe it should be given some credence. If a foot high bird is waddling around quacking you should at least consider the possibility that it is a duck.

• Marleen February 3, 2022 / 12:26 pm

I agree with you. I was brought up to be very instructed (but NOT in my Christian schools) in conservatism (so-called), a version way better than today’s “version” of disengagement from reality. I, on my own part, was already committed to truth and logic and facts. So I had to choose to go my own way while the merely mistaken Republicans became the dedicated-to-gaslighting. It was, indeed, so that the Republicans back then were not conservative (but played to the rhetoric), really, but it’s additionally so that our Conservative habits of thought (among both Republicans and Democrats and others) aren’t practical or based in truth. I’ve observed that persons affiliated or identifying in certain realms will choose to separate their logic from human interaction (and views on government) while functioning at high levels in STEM or medicine (actually, in this area, it’s not only conservatives but liberals too now) or with MBAs and so on. There is something fundamentally flawed inside to select against principle, but it happens in upstanding individuals who remain respected. Making enough money to be independent is all most people care about; logic, not as much. The thing is it takes a little while for the consequences to be blatant in society. Then it will be too late.

• Marleen February 3, 2022 / 2:59 pm

Quote from XingfuMama: …. pointing out that while people are fussing about crazy, education itself is being neglected, and undermined as a priority. I have read that the reactionary nutter-butters who are likely in control of the GOP (e.g., the Kochs, Betsy DeVos) want to get rid of public education entirely. If you had that as a goal, then encouraging this kind of nonsense is an excellent first step in undermining both the integrity of the system and public support. The protestors are already distrusting the education system and their activism is undermining the trust that intelligent people have for the system. While there is no proof of such intent, it is the worst case scenario and maybe it should be given some credence. If a foot high bird is waddling around quacking you should at least consider the possibility that it is a duck.

One of their main steps, in this regard, is pushing charter schools. People largely don’t think through the meaning of taking resources away from schools in the broad sense while putting all hope on a few. I believe, a hundred percent, that people like Betsy DeVos want to ruin public schooling (and do anything possible to gouge the general public); Koch (of the Koch brothers) too.

• Marleen February 9, 2022 / 5:11 am

I’m sure you know this (last name Prince) is Betsy DeVoss’s brother.

In this conversation, we are reminded of more than the
          headline for the day about this very corrupt man.

… Prince Helped Raise Money to Spy on [Trump’s Critics] ~ the Mehdi Hasan Show

• XingfuMama February 9, 2022 / 5:49 am

It isn’t conspiracy to say that these people are all interwoven at and have an awful lot of influence. They could easily be influencing these attacks on public education, which is what they are. Attacking “critical race theory”, books about the holocaust, or attacks on teachers in general (Oklahoma bully law) is a death by a thousand cuts thing. They get people to say they “believe in Public Education, but…” I’m not exactly sure how to fight it, but some amount of coordination might be a good idea. Not helpful that the supreme court appears to have several of these folks on it.

• Marleen April 8, 2022 / 6:49 pm

these people are all interwoven [with] an awful lot of influence. They could easily be influencing these attacks on public education

Agreed! What you’re observing and saying isn’t some conspiracy theory.

• Marleen February 11, 2022 / 1:10 pm

Investors Pull Funding From Charlie Kirk’s Propaganda School

• Marleen February 14, 2022 / 6:28 pm

A Genuine Progressive in the Senate? … Morgan Harper

February 7th guest who recently debated likely Republican opponent in Ohio, Josh Mandel, answers why she wants to be genuinely progressive in office.

• Marleen February 19, 2022 / 7:08 am

I find this really disturbing. No one needs extra education to work for Amazon. But if you don’t educate young people in more important topics, they’ll be qualified to work for Amazon. (On the other hand, maybe the course will serve for the few very observant participants to show them the inside scoop on the propaganda.)

Amazon Funds Dystopian Anti-Worker High School Class

• Marleen April 14, 2022 / 11:31 am

Here’s Who Really Won the War in Afghanistan

9. rugby843 February 3, 2022 / 10:07 am

Sent this on. So disappointing

Sent from my iPhone

• rugby843 February 3, 2022 / 11:56 am

It’s hard enough getting a good teacher on the small salaries they receive which do not reflect on the hours or dedication, even live for students they put in; but now the threat of being sued? Incredible 🥸

10. Lou Carreras February 3, 2022 / 12:24 pm

Fandango, I just was listening to Terry Groce on NPR (WHYY- Fresh Air) her show was on the topic of all these laws, and the ability for “personal action” on the part of aggrieved knot heads to take action. You might want to check it out

11. bushboy February 3, 2022 / 3:38 pm

Where are the American refugees going to escape insanity of the Governments. Cuba could be an option. I wonder what the Australian Gov’t would do? They like to lock up refugees for years but as white folk probably no problem. This world is going down the toilet and the sewers are complaining

12. emkingston February 3, 2022 / 10:47 pm

I am so glad that you showed this to our WP world. CRT is important in this world/day in age. Our History books are just now starting to tell the truth about how this country became “Land of the Free” at the college reading level and maybe in high school books. We have had colonizer histories for centuries. I want to throat punch both of the people in that picture, just sayin’.

• marymtf April 7, 2022 / 4:52 pm

Critical Race Theory teaches white children that they are inferior and should sit at the back of the bus. It’s no wonder no one quotes Martin Luther King any more. He had a dream that [his] little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but the content of their character. King had a dream, but the woke world has plunged us into a ridiculous nightmare.

• Fandango April 7, 2022 / 6:30 pm

I think whoever tried to tell you what critical race theory actually is has misled you. You should open your mind, do some research, and understand what it really is, which is not what the far right media claims it to be.

• emkingston April 8, 2022 / 12:26 am

Hmm. I am probably the wrong person to write this comment to because my family is all different shades of beautiful. If your white children are feeling inferior, then you have taught them that they are worth more than my grandchild and my step-daughter. If your white children feel like they are in the back of the bus, that is your fault. Black history and the black path should have us white folks feeling blessed that their involuntary sacrifice of building our country was not for nothing. There is a terrible history of white skin oppressing anyone who is not white and pasty, and you are part of the problem. K. Thx. Bye now.

• marymtf April 8, 2022 / 4:22 pm

Good on you for making a virtue of ‘different shades’ but beautiful is in the eye of the beholder. Beautiful on the outside doesn’t mean equally beautiful on the inside. It depends on how they have been raised. I’ve seen enough small claims court and the idiots of all shades that infest it to know. My white children don’t feel inferior. My back of the bus analogy has to do with what CRT teaches. That’s appalling. And if parents have finally caught on, it’s about time.
          My children have been taught to treat everyone at face value, not skin value, It’s ridiculous to assume that all white people are bad and all black people are good. My children do not to suffer woke fools gladly and they do not take responsibility for a past that has nothing to do with them. So, if your family is a mix of shades, does that include white? Do you teach them to be ashamed of their pasty complexion? Do you blame them for a past that’s not theirs? Shame on you.

• Fandango April 8, 2022 / 7:15 pm

Sorry, but if you believe that critical race theory teaches “that all white people are bad and all black people are good,” then I will say again that you have been sorely misinformed about what CRT is.

• emkingston April 9, 2022 / 12:25 am

I am going to say this as respectfully and nicely as I can because these comments are not on my own post. Fandango is a great person, and I don’t want to get in a pissing contest with you about who is right or wrong, or “good and bad”.

To answer your questions…I am white, as are my children. I taught them to love everybody and strive to learn everything possible. I encourage my daughter to teach her daughter both cultures that she belongs to and to embrace those aspects of culture. The past has everything to do with the present because we are still oppressing black and brown folks with our white fragility.

If you re-read your post, you should shame yourself rather than me. I cannot change your thinking, so I am just going to go about my business and stay a woke fool I suppose.

I will leave you with this though: https://criticalrace.org/what-is-critical-race-theory/
            I don’t see anything about CRT meaning that white is bad and black is good. I see a linking of race and power being the roots of systemic racism though. Why shouldn’t everyone learn about CRT and the 1619 Project?

13. Nope, Not Pam February 4, 2022 / 2:31 am

Here in Australia a religious school wanted parents to agree and sign a contract stating their child wasn’t gay. The public outrage made them back down, but they stated that parents would still have to uphold their religious values. Makes me sick.

14. Maria Michaela February 4, 2022 / 7:58 am

Might as well not enroll their children then. I can’t even 😒

15. Marleen February 4, 2022 / 8:20 am

“Who We Are” [guest Jeffery Robinson and directors/producers visit Democracy Now]: New Film History of Racism in America Amid Growing Attack on Voting Rights

• Marleen February 9, 2022 / 5:17 am

February 8th on The Reid Out with Joy Reid

Activists on Supreme Court Declare Open Season on Voting Rights of People of Color

• Marleen February 9, 2022 / 8:52 am

If Biden doesn’t listen to this kind of reasoning, I think he’s a mole or some such. I
      don’t just mean the part that is quoted, but the “Why do you give a damn?” That’s
      as to trying to get a “bipartisan” pick, wringing of the hands, and so forth. Forget it.

Michael Steele to Republican Senators: ‘Try being a black woman in Law school.’

• Marleen February 9, 2022 / 1:07 pm

A History Lesson for … Senators Troubled …

16. Marleen February 7, 2022 / 4:28 pm

I guess we (Americans) breed hubris? 🥴

BMJ gets fact-checked {yes, the British Medical Journal}

• Marleen April 23, 2022 / 1:04 pm

Apparently, this state-level representative wanted to get in on the fun [as seen in Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida] of hampering free speech and intellectual inquiry.

We Should Be Very Concerned About This · streamed a couple hours ago

17. writerravenclaw February 27, 2022 / 2:15 am

It sounds like something out of the fifties, and 2022 shouldn’t be like this. We should get the education they deserve, not an education with things missed out.

• mosckerr March 7, 2022 / 6:26 am

The ירידות הדורות curse defines g’lut Jewry. Examples of this Torah curse, they flourish like daisies on a Spring day. But a general statement, as expressed comparable to the opening thesis statement here, requires qualifying particulars. Its the latter which separates a Torah תוכחה\\rebuke// from religious rhetoric//propaganda. Therefore the theme of the current discussion which this blog introduces shall make the codification of the תרי”ג Commandments made popular in Reshonim codes which categorized the 613 into 248 positive and 365 negative commandments. Publication of these codes produced a domino effect that cursed the Jewish people to this very day.

Mitzvot commandments define Torat Moshe … the Torah revelation. Not till about 6 Centuries after Rav Ashi and Rav Ravina sealed the Talmud Bavli, did rabbis representing g’lut Jewry first start their attempts to organize the commandments into nice & tidy codes. Torah functions as Common Law expressed through the discipline of comparing commandments as precedents to make a depth analysis of other Torah commandments. The concept of opposing Yatzirot, as learned by Rabbi Yechudah Ha’Nasi in ברכות, this interpretation learns from the story of Adam Ha’Reshon eating fruit produced by the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Rabbi Yechudah interpreted the incorrect spelling of לבבך\\לבבכם as expressed in the opening first two paragraphs of the Mitzvah דאורייתא of kre’a shma. This later mitzva serves as the foundation upon which stands all avodat HaShem as expressed through the mitzva of tefillah. Torah mitzvot commandments compare to braids of a woman with long hair. Mitzvot commandments, when braided together, they give a depth dimension to the 2 dimensional single hair strands.

Torah Common Law radically differs from statutory\religious law which the Reshonim codifications of the תרי”ג Commandments, their false scholarship foisted upon the Jewish people. This pathetic era, 950 – 1400 CE, wherein virtually all rabbis kissed, and made love with that foreign alien woman of Torah faith — her name “Assimilation”. With all general statements, exists exceptions to the rule. The French Ashkenazi Rashi\\Tosafot school of Torah scholarship more successfully fought off the seductive kisses, whereby that foreign alien woman sought to seduce g’lut Jewry. Alas the Rambam Civil War, several of its most terrible consequences — the total destruction of the Rashi\\Tosafot school of T’NaCH & Talmudic scholarship, followed by the forced imprisonment of Western Jewry into Ghetto prisons; the forced mass population transfer of Jews unto Eastern Europe, primarily unto Poland.

Sephardi, primarily assimilated Spanish rabbis, their clout and influence dominated both that pathetic era of T’NaCH and Talmudic scholarship, as well as the current era – the Acharonim scholars – whose “dark light” dominates the Yeshiva world to this very day. Common Law does not function in any way comparable to statutory law, religious law; the former expressed through lateral courtroom legal rulings … whereas the latter rests upon the יסוד of cults of personality…. Jews keep the halachah simply because Karo ruled a halacha; which he codified within his Shulchan Aruch. The authority of Yosef Karo among Traditional Jewry, it compares to that which JeZeus & Paul lords over Xtians.

Statutory & religious law often expressed through codifications and dogmatism. Both this and that do not require Oral Torah logic formats, whereby both T’NaCH, Talmud, and Midrashim all most essentially require. Once the Sephardi assimilated Spanish rabbis, that ‘golden and silver Age’, that tumah reigned supreme, Jews ceased to study Talmud to learn Oral Torah logic. The assimilated replacement theology organized the Torah – Talmud into cubes of religious subjects of rigid law. Something like extinct dinosaurs bones fossilized into stone. Comparable to the false picture made famous by Cecil B. DeMille, which has Moshe descend from Sinai carrying two tablets of stone with the 10 commandments.

שמות לב:טו — ושני לחת העדת בידו, לחת כתבים משני עבריהם מזה ומזה הם כתבים

Not just DeMille read this p’suk making a literal reading of its words, but virtually every beit knesset which holds the Safer Torah, employs this childish and foolish imagery. Torah prophets command mussar. To learn and understand Torah mussar commandments requires the Oral Torah פרדס logic system of learning; by and through – other Torah commandments learned as precedents. This critical sugia of the Written Torah שמות לב:טו – לה, requires the law of Common Law and not statutory law or religious law to grasp its mussar rebuke unto the generations of bnai brit Israel alone. Goyim reject to this day the revelation of the Written and Oral Torah @ Sinai and Horev respectively.

Therefore the intent of this specific blog, purposes to learn this critical sugia of the Chumash through the משנה תורה של דברים\\The Book of Deuteronomy…לשמה…the first Commandment of the Sinai revelation. This conversion\perversion/ of Common law unto statutory & religious law, this avodah zarah effectively מחני נא מספרך אשר כתבת//it expunges Moshe from the Book of Life.

The discipline of Oral Torah Common Law learns the Written Torah strictly and only by means of comparing other Torah precedents. The 5th Book of the Written Torah, specifically composed by Moshe the prophet on the last day of his life. This last book of Aggaditah serves to “braid” the other commandments located in the other Books of the Torah, with the purpose — to interpret the depth of the Torah commandments located within the first four Books of the Torah codification.

Common law Talmudic scholars debate over precedents presented by both the prosecutor and defense judges. Herein explains the ‘Difficulty\Answer’ style of the Sha’s Gemarah. Middot have a common translation as measurements. Therefore first, intend to introduce a less precise sugia precedent learned from the משנה תורה and then compare and contrast that distant precedent with a closer more precise precedent.

דברים ז:יז – כו compares and with another slightly distant precedent: דברים יב: כט – יג: ו. These slightly distant precedents, they none the less serve as powerful precedents to interpret the Spirit of k’vanna of Moshe breaking the tablets, that משל Aggaditah. Another slightly distant precedent, דברים טו: א – יא, it compares to yet another slightly distant precedent דברים טז: יג – כ.

Now contrast these four slightly removed precedents with this more precise Torah precedent דברים כג: ג – ז. Avodah zarah directly learns from Mamzarim and Bil’am the prophet. The latter, Moshe the prophet emphasizes – the avodah zarah expressed by the ‘Evil Eye’ of Bil’am, his desire to weaken and impoverish the chosen Cohen nation. So Moshe did not engrave 10 commandments upon two tablets of stone. Rather the משנה תורה defines the Spirit of K’vanna of the revelation of the Torah @ Sinai expressed through the commandment to develop a ‘Good Eye’ toward our bnai brit people. The Talmud emphatically teaches the דיוק, that hatred without cause resulted in the g’lut of Judean Jewry in the days of the Roman empire.

May HaShem bless this learning to negate the domino effect known as ירידות הדורות; caused by assimilated rabbis, their perversion of Torah common law into statutory law, and religious law. The correct study of the Torah learns first and foremost, it absolutely requires the discipline of the Oral Torah לשמה logic

18. writerravenclaw March 7, 2022 / 9:51 am

It is hard to believe we are in 2022. I worry for the education of children, when they don’t learn about all the facts.

19. fgsjr2015 March 7, 2022 / 9:30 pm

To me, it’s difficult to imagine that teaching parenting curriculum would be considered more controversial than teaching students Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) curriculum, the latter which is currently taught in public schools in my province.

I would like to see child-development science curriculum implemented for secondary high school students, and it could also include racial- and neuro-diversity, albeit not overly complicated. It would be mandatory course material, however, and considerably more detailed than what’s already covered by home economics, etcetera, curriculum: e.g. diaper changing, baby feeding and so forth. I don’t think the latter is anywhere near sufficient (at least not how I experienced it) when it comes to the proper development of a child’s mind.

For one thing, the curriculum could/would make available to students potentially valuable/useful knowledge about their own psyches and why they are the way they are. And besides their own nature, students can also learn about the natures of their peers, which might foster greater tolerance for atypical personalities. If nothing else, the curriculum could offer students an idea/clue as to whether they’re emotionally suited for the immense responsibility and strains of parenthood. …

But we humans can be a stubborn species, especially when it comes to the schooling of our own young ones.

• Marleen April 23, 2022 / 2:33 pm

Florida put examples forth of what was objectionable to them in some math books that they revoked recently. Those in charge didn’t, for one, like the instruction to be considerate of fellow students. Meanwhile, they wouldn’t provide book names and pages. Someone found some of the books and reported that nothing about prejudice was in the books.

We had a marriage and family course for one semester in high school. That wouldn’t be enough time to teach child development (one course of which I took in college) on top of additional subject matter. They don’t even teach basic money management in high school to all students, while it was an elective one son took. That wasn’t in my class.

The main thing I remember from the semester is that the teacher wanted to make sure everyone understood you don’t and shouldn’t get married in order to expect you’ll always have sex available for yourself. Wives (and husbands but that goes without saying) are allowed to say no for whatever reason or just because they don’t feel like it.

20. charlesdavis April 4, 2022 / 9:49 am

This is so incredibly scary. Thanks for the well-written and thought-provoking blog.

21. Marleen April 10, 2022 / 11:12 am

Jason Stanley in Wake of Kavanaugh’s Confirmation: Fascism Cannot Operate Without Patriarchy

• Marleen April 10, 2022 / 5:37 pm

SCOTUS Reinstates Trump’s Loose Regulations on Water Pollution

TYT April 9, 2022 | On Monday, Amy Coney Barrett said Americans should “read the opinion” to decide if a Supreme Court decision sounds like law-free policymaking. Today, the Supreme Court issued a 5-4 decision against the Clean Water Act — without issuing an opinion. […] Court voted to reinstate a Trump-era pro-pollution amendment which limits states’ role in enforcing the Act. The Supreme Court made the decision without hearing oral arguments as well as not issuing any reasoning backing up their decision [and dismissing Kagan objection to lack of process on the part of the Court].

• Fandango April 10, 2022 / 5:55 pm

Yeah, 5-4, conservatives over liberals. 🤬

• Marleen April 10, 2022 / 6:27 pm

How pathetic that Amy Coney Barrett said Americans should “read the opinion” to
          decide if a Supreme Court decision sounds like law-free policymaking,
          and then sided with the group of “justices” not putting out an opinion or foundation.

• Marleen April 10, 2022 / 6:19 pm

April 6th, not 9th (today, the tenth, being Sunday):

… makes it harder for states to block projects that may cause water pollution. The unsigned and unexplained decision prompted Chief Justice John Roberts to join the court’s three liberal justices in criticizing the majority’s use of the emergency docket.

The court’s decision “renders the Court’s emergency docket not for emergencies at all,” Justice Elena Kagan wrote in dissent. …

Roberts joined Kagan’s dissent, as did Justices Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor .

The case, Louisiana v. American Rivers, involved the role of states in enforcing the Clean Water Act. Under longstanding federal regulations, states can issue or deny permits for projects — such as the construction of new pipelines — that could pollute rivers or streams. …

….

…..

….

….

In her dissent, Kagan accused the majority (which consisted of Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett) of ignoring the court’s own standards for granting emergency relief. ….

Kagan and the other liberal justices have previously criticized the court’s increasing willingness to resolve substantive disputes on the emergency docket — which scholars and critics often call the shadow docket — but Wednesday’s decision was the first time that Roberts has publicly joined that criticism.

22. Marleen April 10, 2022 / 12:43 pm

Handelishögskolan vid Göteborgs universitet

March 14, Tore Browaldh Seminar 2022 | Timothy Snyder:
    Transitions. Empires, Time, and Unfreedom.

23. Marleen April 24, 2022 / 2:58 pm