Share Your World — 01/24/2022

It’s Monday and Melanie is out with another edition of Share Your World. This week Melanie has solicited questions from other bloggers. Let’s see what they want us to share.

Cyranny (Cyranny’s Cove) asks, What’s the worst day of the week for you? Why?”

As a retiree, I’d have to say that every day is pretty much the same as every other day, so I don’t have a specific day each week that is either the worst day or the best day. But in general, some days are better than others.

Mrs A (Jazzocracy) asks, “Would you ever consider posing naked or semi-naked for the camera or a live audience (acting in a play)?”

I might have in my younger days. In fact, back in the day, I did occasionally go to a naturist/nudist park where I, along with everyone else, was nude. And there used to be a flooded rock quarry where my friends and I would go skinny dipping. But those days are long over. Who wants to see an old fart like me posing naked or being naked on a stage? Ew!

Di (Pensitivity101) asks, “With the recent energy crisis here in the UK, would you prefer electric, gas, oil or some other means of heating your home?”

Our home is heated by natural gas. We also have a gas range in the kitchen, a gas fireplace in our family room, a gas fire pit in our backyard, and a gas barbecue grill on our patio. So I’m partial to natural gas. That said, we have an electric car and electric bicycles.

For what it’s worth, we would have preferred a wood burning fireplace and fire pit, but local laws would not permit those due to environmental concerns.

Marilyn (Serendipity) asks, “In your household, who takes care of the bills, taxes, and other financial stuff? Is one person responsible or is it a shared chore?

That would be me. It’s not a shared chore. I take care of all of our financial matters. That way, if I’m ever arrested for tax evasion, my wife can claim no knowledge of my misdeeds.

Yinglan (This is Another Story) asks, “If you can have any one job (real or fiction) in the galaxy (yes, the galaxy, I’m widening the search radius, imagining relocation to other planets possible), what is that job?

Intergalactic blogging phenom.

And finally, Melanie asks, “Who are you grateful for?”

My wife, who keeps me alive by making me eat healthy meals, who makes me go on long, vigorous walks with her to keep me physically fit, and who keeps my mind sharp by forcing me to use my brain periodically when I’d prefer to just veg out in front of the TV.

10 thoughts on “Share Your World — 01/24/2022

1. Melanie B Cee January 24, 2022 / 11:09 am

Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World! I think you ARE an “intergalatic blogging phenom” already sir! I had an inkling that the men would answer that nude question a lot differently from the women, and they have not disappointed. As to response to your figurative question? An 80 year old woman is who. 😉 I have a neighbor who has an electric car, which I find really great, but when I inquired as to the sticker price? Let’s just say I’ll never own one. 😦 Unless the government starts handing them out for free. Good for your household for diminishing your carbon footprint so well though! Have a good week and take care of yourself. I read Cagedunn’s post and I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. 😦

2. pensitivity101 January 24, 2022 / 11:24 am

Good answers Fandango. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow too. So sorry to read that on Cagedunn’s post.

3. Marilyn Armstrong January 24, 2022 / 1:45 pm

I’m not at all sure gas is less destructive than oil, though it makes less of a mess and that’s something. We can’t get gas here. We can’t even get water except via our own well and we have neither sidewalks OR streetlights. I always wonder exactly what we DO get for the taxes we pay.

Pretty much everything we use to generate power — electric or heat or whatever — comes at a price. The copper used in those electric batteries in cars have destroyed huge areas in Africa and if I’ve got it right, South America — but I could be wrong about that. They get gas by fracking, cracking the heart of the Earth — and gee, what could possible go wrong with THAT? Still, if we had access to it, I’d probably use it too because there are only so many choices and each has a downside. Now that this state is leaning heavily on solar, they are destroying our woods to build solar farms.

Solar is good, but the woods were better. All choices have some kind of negative impact. If I were GOD, I’d start out by inventing a power source that does NOT destroy the environment. Lacking godlike credentials, I have to choose what’s available — or freeze!

• Fandango January 24, 2022 / 9:56 pm

No choice is without issues, whether wind, solar, gas, or electric. They all take their toll on the planet and the environment. But we have become spoiled by residential central heat and air conditioning, neither of which existed to any great extent before the 20th century. How on Earth humanity managed to survive before that is simply beyond me! 😏

4. Marilyn Armstrong January 24, 2022 / 2:06 pm

Before I close down and go make dinner, I want to remind you of one thing and you need to remember it: You gave you cat everything you could give her. You loved her. Cared for her. Petted her. And now you ache for her impending loss. But this IS her natural end. She is weary and needs to rest. I may not believe in heaven for me, but somewhere the souls of the pets we loved are waiting. I’m crying again.

I can’t even talk about pets i lost 30 years ago without crying. We love them all their lives and we never stop loving them, even when they are gone. You did your best and there’s nothing more you could do. She had a good life. You GAVE her the good life.

• Fandango January 24, 2022 / 10:02 pm

Yes, you’re right about everything (well, except for the gender of my cat), and, intellectually I know that. But that didn’t stop me from feeling terribly guilty and blubbering like a baby before, during, and after. And still tonight, six hours after his heart beat for the very last time. I’m verklempt.

5. Sadje January 24, 2022 / 8:04 pm

I like your job preference Fandango. You’re lucky to have a wonderful wife.

Comments are closed.