It’s time once again for E.M. Kingston’s The Sunday Ramble. Her prompt is based upon a certain topic about which she asks five questions. We are invited to ramble on about that topic however we wish. Today’s topic seems to be weird, random, and nonsensical, starting with this:
1. You’ve been given an oversized elephant that is blind. You cannot get rid of it. What would you do with it?
First of all, I’d hunt down and kill the person who gave me a non-returnable, blind, oversized elephant. Then I’d contact the nearest zoo and donate the beast to it.
2. If you had the world’s attention for 30 seconds, what would you say?
Please just stop all of the fucking bullshit. Thank you.
3. What would you want to be famous for in the history books for your country?
For being an ordinary Joe who spoke up for democracy in America even though those with real power were happy to see democracy fail as long as they could maintain their power.
4. Imagine you could only speak gibberish to everyone you encountered for an entire day. What would your gibberish sound like?
It would sound exactly like the gibberish that Donald Trump, his sycophants who believe The Big Lie, and who promote party over country sound like. Oh, also like the gibberish that the “personalities” on Fox News speak every day.
5. If you lived in a virtual reality world of your own creation, what would it look like?
It would look like the world that John Lennon wrote about in his song, “Imagine.”
Sorry that this is more political than I intended it to be. But that’s the frame of mind I’m in these days.