E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt — Books

E.M. Kingston has started a new weekly prompt called The Sunday Ramble. It is based upon a certain topic. She asks five questions about that topic, that we can ramble on however we wish. Today’s topic is “books.”

1. Do you prefer digital, paperback, or hard bound books?

With all of the moving around the country we’ve done over years, it didn’t make sense to schlep all of our books from place to place. So now, except for the children’s books we read to our grandkids, all of my books are digital, readable through my Kindle App on my iPhone.

2. Do you have a library full of books or just your favorite tales?

Since close to all of my books that I’ve read over the past decade are on my iPhone, I don’t have a library of physical books in my house.

3. Harry Potter, Narnia, or Twilight? (You can choose all three or pick and choose.)

None of the above. I’d choose Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings or Asimov’s Foundation Series.

4. Do you like when books are turned into movies? Why or why not?

Very few books that are turned into movies live up to the books upon which they were based. and it bothers me when the visions I painted in my mind’s eyes while reading a book is characterized differently in the movie.

5. What is a book that you have read over and over again?

I rarely read a book “over and over again.” Well, except for a children’s book that my grandson wants me to read to him over and over again.

11 thoughts on “E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt — Books

1. lssattitudeofgratitude January 9, 2022 / 10:58 pm

Right there with you on the rereading books. It gets to the point that I can recite the kids books without looking. LOL

2. Nope, Not Pam January 10, 2022 / 1:05 am

Spot, I remember reading Spot over and over to my daughter and now my grandson

3. Marleen January 10, 2022 / 10:14 am

I would choose Narnia (the books), although I’ve very much enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies and have begun appreciating the Foundation treatment streaming — neither book series, for which, have I read.

• Marleen January 10, 2022 / 10:47 am

In other words, I haven’t been interested in Potter or Twilight at all. I’ve tried, a little bit; no go.

4. emkingston January 10, 2022 / 11:31 am

I think the Lord of the Rings got another vote on another post I was reading, and I am going to have to read the books. I want to read the ones from Game of Thrones too. I am with you on the movies painting different pictures than the ones in our heads, and that’s what happened for me on the first Twilight movie. I was so disappointed. Thanks for rambling with me about books, Fandango! Happy Monday 🙂

5. Marleen January 10, 2022 / 12:42 pm

Winter Coffee Shop Bookstore Ambience with Relaxing Smooth Jazz Music and Crackling Fireplace

6. leigha66 January 11, 2022 / 8:51 pm

I sometimes revisit a series and will at least skim through the past books in the series to get ready and reacquainted with the storyline before a new book in the series is available to me. But for the most part I do not reread books I have.