18 thoughts on “One Year Later

1. Marleen January 7, 2022 / 12:41 am

He’s just all around scummy, too. (Probably criminal as well [regardless of what he did last January sixth], but we will have to wait for the court cases to carry through.) And hanging Mike Pence isn’t violent, in their view, apparently? Breaking windows, smashing a man’s head between a door and its frame, and defecating and leaving human bodily waste in the Capitol halls isn’t against the law either.

• Marleen January 8, 2022 / 11:42 am

Oh Lord, I’ve looked into them further; they think the rioters were basically victims that day.

• Marleen January 8, 2022 / 1:13 pm

I hadn’t seen this, or any mainstream to left or democratic use of that word or analysis in that sense, when I concluded what I posted just above (11:42 AM today). But I didn’t want to put the presentation Marjorie and Matt up to see, because they only have ill will at heart. After sharing this, below, I will reconsider as to if I will share the other thing ir not. This clip (from an airing I didn’t watch) ends with (such as occurred for Hitler) characterization of an “authoritarian leader-cult rescue operation.”

• Marleen January 8, 2022 / 1:14 pm

To anyone to whom it matters, Rachel is not hosting or present in this clip.

• Marleen January 8, 2022 / 1:25 pm

… Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene Hold Presser On The ‘… Jan. 6th Protests’ 245K views · 2 days ago

I ask you… when Marjorie says she doesn’t trust “the government” — who (what past guy) was in charge of the government that day???

• Marleen January 8, 2022 / 3:15 pm

I know Donald talks like he’s a victim, and Republicans talk like white people and men are (the) victims, but they ought to think of the movements leading to the breach of the Capitol in terms of their Donald being the Commander in Chief that day. (Even if someone there was a victim as being fooled, that day, it was as a fool/victim of President Trump.)

2. Nope, Not Pam January 7, 2022 / 1:22 am

I could say something but I don’t want to offend

3. newepicauthor January 7, 2022 / 5:34 am

This same Matt Gaetz is under investigation over possible sex trafficking of underage girls and sadly he represents Florida where I live. He is such an embarrassment, but the people here seem to like him along with Governor Ron DeSantis.

• Fandango January 7, 2022 / 9:00 am

The fact that people like Gaetz and DeSantis is unfathomable to me.

• Marleen January 8, 2022 / 1:16 pm

DeSantis said January 6th would be like Christmas to the left. I suppose along the lines of Holocaust Remembrance Day

• Marleen January 8, 2022 / 3:09 pm

Republicans who think they are Conservatives often talk like they, alone, aren’t anti-Semitic while they’re clueless as they back an authoritarian destabilizer and miss all the clues and signs.

• Marleen January 10, 2022 / 11:16 am

March 2016 follow-up panel to Timothy Snyder [visiting at Harvard] | traditional lecture having preceded — “… Snyder’s Black Earth: The Holocaust as History and Warning”

• Marleen January 10, 2022 / 11:19 am

Here I am trying again; this had better work.

• Fandango January 10, 2022 / 12:26 pm