Truthful Tuesday — Good News?

Frank, aka PCGuy, usually publishes his Truthful Tuesday posts, but he’s taking a short hiatus and Melanie from Sparks from a Combustible Mind is sitting in for Frank. This week, Melanie wants to know…

Is there any good news left?

There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of good news left these days, does there? That’s one of the reasons I started my Who Won the Week posts on Sundays. I wanted to highlight something I had seen, heard, or read about that was positive or good that occurred over the past week. And you know what? It’s been occasionally difficult lately to find anything worthy of being designated as having won the week.

So much so that I had been thinking about stopping my FWWTW posts. But I decided that even if I have to dig deep to try and find something good in the news to write about, if I do find something positive, uplifting, and good to focus on, it helps my own state of mind…and maybe it also helps a few of my readers to see that there can be at least a glimmer of light in an otherwise very dark world.

8 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — Good News?

1. Sadje January 5, 2022 / 7:01 am

It’s good to try to find positives to share.

2. CARAMEL January 5, 2022 / 8:13 am

I find the TV news and newspapers lower my spirits so much. I am so pleased to find something to read or watch that lifts my heart and puts a spring in my step.

• Fandango January 5, 2022 / 8:46 am

We all need that every once in a while, don’t we?

3. Melanie B Cee January 5, 2022 / 8:42 am

I think we really need blogs like your “Who Won The Week?” because it does provide some hope that there are still kind people in the world, that things aren’t totally sh*tty and that we can endure if we stay focused on those tiny good patches of ‘blue’ in a black sky! Thanks for hosting that and I’ll have to look in more. I’ve been remiss, but I think it’s a very worthy thing!

• Fandango January 5, 2022 / 8:51 am

Thanks, Melanie. It’s challenging, with the way the world is, to find those tiny, good patches of blue each week.

4. Marilyn Armstrong January 5, 2022 / 10:28 am

My best news is that we sure do have a LOT of birds! They wake me up in the morning if the feeders aren’t full. Cheeky AND feathery!

5. Nope, Not Pam January 5, 2022 / 11:03 am

There’s always a positive, no matter how minor. It’s the not looking which makes everything seem so bad 🙂

6. leigha66 January 5, 2022 / 11:15 pm

It is nice to see some good news through your FWWTW posts. We will take all the positive spins necessary to stay on the side of happiness.

Comments are closed.