Share Your World — 01/03/2022

I’m running a day late this week. Yesterday was the first Monday of the year and that meant that it was Melanie’s first Share Your World of the year. But, according to Melanie, it was also the last Share Your World inspired by Evil Squirrel. Let’s get to it.

What frivolous, but annoying thing that people do should be considered a sin (crime)?
And how should violators be made to repent (be punished) for it?

I’m not sure that it’s “frivolous,” but when someone takes their dog for a walk and the dog poops but then the person walking the dog doesn’t pick up the poop in a poop bag and dispose of it properly, that should be considered a crime. How should violators be punished? They should be forced to clean up the poop they left behind by eating it. I guarantee they would never leave their dog’s poop behind ever again.

Imagination IN and impracticality and logic aside, if you could pick one animal to have as an exotic pet based solely on how cute and adorable it is, what would it be?

A koala bear.

Do you have any siblings? If so, where do you rank in birth order? And do you think either of these facts contributed to the person you became?

I was the baby of the family with two older sisters, both now deceased. one was 16 years older than me, the other was nine years older than me. I can’t really say how having two older sisters contributed to me being the person that I am. I suppose, given how much older they were than me, they were as instrumental in raising me as my parents were.

We all have things that make us happy, but what makes you deliriously, giddily, tail waggingly happy?

My grandchildren.

If you had an alter ego, who or what would it be? Describe some fun or interesting things about them!

I’m too busy trying to cope with my primary self to start thinking about an alternative self.

What are some hopes or accomplishments you’d like to see happen in 2022?

I’d like to see the Democrats maintain control of Congress in the 2022 midterm elections. I’d like to see the end of the coronavirus pandemic. I’d like to see definitive and meaningful actions being taken by governments around the globe to fight climate change. I’d like to see women in America continue to have the legal right to manage their own reproductive health. I’d like to see the enactment across the U.S. of common sense gun control laws. And I’d like to see the arrest, conviction, and imprisonment of Donald J. Trump and all of his most ardent enablers. I’d like to see…. Hell, who am I kidding? I’m too old to be having wet dreams.

27 thoughts on “Share Your World — 01/03/2022

1. Sadje January 4, 2022 / 7:09 am

I hope you can see all your wishes realized for 2022

2. RuthScribbles January 4, 2022 / 7:40 am

I have same hopes for 2022. As for dog poop-eating could kill then and imo that punishment is harsher than the crime. However, making them pick it up with bare hands and before that make him/her step in it and have them clean the shoes without gloves on – they can only have soap and water for the job. 🤪

3. Melanie B Cee January 4, 2022 / 9:42 am

Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World! You’re never too old for fantasy (in my opinion), and your ‘fantasy’ of a better world is shared by many. It’s just too bad that the idiots in the crowd (the T-dump supporters and so forth) get more attention. Logic and common sense have been assassinated. And the chief ass probably won’t ever be brought to justice. A sad fact.. Try not to dwell. I love that your grandchildren were your choice for the ones that make you happiest, is it a grandpa thing? I watch my one sibling and he’s nuts over his. Maybe I did miss out never having any children to begin with, but it is what it is. I hope the rest of your New Year is joyful, simply from the association with those lovely children! Take care! Have a great week!

4. Nope, Not Pam January 4, 2022 / 11:01 am

I’m sorry Fandango but koala bears aren’t cute, they’re pretty nasty little creatures.

• Nope, Not Pam January 4, 2022 / 11:04 pm

Yes I can 🙂

• Fandango January 4, 2022 / 11:13 pm

Okay, you’re right, you CAN say it. But I still think they LOOK cute.

• Nope, Not Pam January 4, 2022 / 11:38 pm

And I think squirrels are cute 😊

5. bushboy January 4, 2022 / 1:19 pm

I must take you to task Fandango. Koalas are just Koalas, they are not bears.

Koalas

It is amusing to think of aliens landing in on Earth and want to communicate with the leaders, not the person who walks around picking up their poop 😂

• amoralegria January 4, 2022 / 9:31 pm

Thanks for pointing out that koalas are not bears, although I do think they are cute!

• bushboy January 4, 2022 / 9:56 pm

Cute yes but never go near one. They are quite lethal with long strong claws and will probably pee on you as well 😂

• Fandango January 4, 2022 / 10:56 pm

Yeah, I do know that Koalas are technically not bears, but ever since I was a little cub, I’ve heard them called “koala bears.” And as the old saying goes, Brian, you can’t teach an old bear new tricks, so I hope you’ll bear with me this time.

• bushboy January 5, 2022 / 12:33 am

It does take time to get people to change especially those from the US but it’s not unbearable

• donmatthewspoetry January 5, 2022 / 12:39 am

Great news Fan, but you’re gonna have to come to Adelaide for it.

Cleland is one of few places in Australia where you can hold a koala.

This very special experience includes a professional photograph of you holding the koala. If you would like to share this with family and friends we can provide additional photos at a small additional fee.

Please note, this is an intimate and up-close animal encounter. In order to settle and monitor our animals, Cleland’s Wildlife Keepers will also need to get up-close at times.

I reckon they might ‘settle’ them with a stiff G&T. Plus clip their nails.

OK I jest but the Park does a lot in the way of looking after one of our native animals……

6. leigha66 January 4, 2022 / 5:27 pm

Some lofty goals for 2022… I think a lot of us feel that way, hopefully enough to make it happen.

7. amoralegria January 4, 2022 / 9:30 pm

Great answers! I am tempted to copy your answer to the last question, because I have the exact same wishes for this year! But that would be plagiarism, so I’ll have to restate it in my own words! I like the dog poop thing, but eating it? Having to smell it or pick it up would be enough!

• Fandango January 4, 2022 / 11:07 pm

Yeah, I may have gone a bit overboard on the eating poop punishment. 😉

8. Marleen January 5, 2022 / 10:06 am

I want to start reading key books on “video” (not tape); get a bow (perhaps at an estate sale with no arrows necessary at this time); sort out the stuff going on with my mom. And then there are smaller, but still big, things to do and enjoy… and then smaller… as for all of us.

9. Marilyn Armstrong January 5, 2022 / 1:23 pm

The list of what I’d like to see is virtually endless and every item on it is important or absolutely CRITICAL to survival of everything — us, our pets, the wildlife, whales, fish — pretty much everything we know and love. But I don’t want to start down that road today. I can deal with that about once a week without losing my mind. Today, I’m making Chinese sweet & pungent and hoping the utility companies don’t come and destroy OUR woods — because that’s just what they are doing everywhere.

The only thing more contagious than COVID is stupidity. No vaccination, either.