Share Your World — 10/20/2021

Today is the Monday before Christmas and it’s time for Fandango’s Bah Humbug edition of Melanie’s Share Your World prompt.

What is your least favorite holiday side dish? (for any holiday)

My least favorite side dish? Anything made with sweet potatoes. My favorite? Noodle kugel. Yum!

What is the ugliest or most tasteless decoration you’ve ever seen?

Any Disney character all decked out with Christmas lights. (No offense to anyone who decorates their home for Christmas with Disney characters. Different strokes for different folks, right?)

What is a cherished or unusual (either or both) family tradition from your childhood?

When we lived back east in a snow zone and our kids were young, we used to build huge snowmen in our front yard. Now, where we live in California, it never snows, so the only snowmen you see around here are either inflatable or made of styrofoam.

You’re walking down the street, feeling great — what holiday song would be playing in the background?

I’m not a fan of holiday music, so were I walking down the street feeling great, give me some Beatles, Stones, or Eagles music playing in the background. Keep on trucking’.

Wish Someone A Happy Holiday!

I’d like to wish happy holidays to all of my WordPress friends. And may 2022 be a wonderful year for all of us!

26 thoughts on “Share Your World — 10/20/2021

1. Marilyn Armstrong December 20, 2021 / 8:35 pm

You have a really good noodle kugel recipe by any chance? It’s one of my favorites, too. I just haven’t quite found the right recipe yet, so I’m hoping someone has a great one.

2. bushboy December 21, 2021 / 2:27 am

and happy holidays to you and yours Fandango from a mate “down under” 🍾

3. Irene December 21, 2021 / 5:40 am

Best wishes for a musical, relaxed, sweet-potato-free, not tacky, and enjoyable Holiday Season for you and your family, Fandango, and yes, we could all use a wonderful 2022!

4. Eugi December 21, 2021 / 7:23 am

I don’t care for Disney characters used as Christmas decorations either. I like simple and Christmasy decorations. Merry Christmas and wishing you a successful and safe new year!

5. Melanie B Cee December 21, 2021 / 9:55 am

Thanks Fandango for putting Scrooge in the closet for a minute. I hope you get all the kugel you can eat! It looks interesting! Thanks for Sharing Your World! I agree that too many of any decoration (even the more traditional type) makes things look a bit sad. There’s a fellow in this town who worked as some kind of scenery maker or something, and he has dozens of wood characters, hand painted. His yard is a road hazard around Christmas because folks come from all over to see those decorations. Privately I think it’s too busy for simple enjoyment. There’s stuff ALL OVER, the three pigs over there, and Red Riding Hood next to Cinderella…EEK. He has to start arranging those things in October, and I wouldn’t want his electric bill certainly. But it is UNIQUE and maybe that’s the point. The snowman tradition sounds like it was a lot of fun, I actually saw the first handmade snowman in a yard on Main Street this year. We haven’t had enough snow in years to do that. The plastic and styrofoam ones are fine, but not the same as the real thing in how they make a person feel. I hope you enjoy your grandkids on Christmas Day, and that your own celebrations are as quiet and low key as you like. Happy New Year !

• Fandango December 21, 2021 / 11:41 pm

Thanks, Melanie. Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you, too.

6. leigha66 December 21, 2021 / 10:07 pm

A yard full of inflatable decorations just doesn’t do it for me… Disney or otherwise. May you and yours have a great holiday!

7. lssattitudeofgratitude December 23, 2021 / 7:57 pm

I hope you have a wonderful holiday(s). I agree with your dislike and like of side dishes. Enjoy the grandkids as we all know the best part of the holidays are sharing them with loved ones.