Who Won the Week — 12/19/2021

The idea behind Who Won the Week is to give you the opportunity to select who (or what) you think “won” this past week. Your selection can be anyone or anything — politicians, celebrities, athletes, authors, bloggers, your friends or family members, books, movies, TV shows, businesses, organizations, whatever.

I will be posting this prompt on Sunday mornings (my time). If you want to participate, write your own post designating who you think won the week and why you think they deserve your nod. Then link back to this post and tag you post with FWWTW.

I’m a little late today, but my Who Won the Week nod this week goes the point guard for the San Francisco-based Golden State Warriors, Stephen Curry.

On Tuesday night, in a game against the New York Knicks, Stephen Curry became the National Basketball Association’s all-time leader in three-point shots. For those of you who aren’t familiar with NBA basketball, a three-point basket is a one made from beyond the three-point line, a designated arc surrounding the basket. The arc is 23 feet 9 inches (7.24 m) from the center of the basket. A successful attempt is worth three points, in contrast to the two points awarded for baskets made within the three-point line.

Curry knocked down the 2,974th three-pointer of his career, breaking the previous record held by NBA Hall of Famer Ray Allen.

So congratulations Stephen Curry. May you hit many more three-pointers in your career.

What about you? Who (or what) do you think won the week?

15 thoughts on “Who Won the Week — 12/19/2021

1. newepicauthor December 19, 2021 / 3:52 pm

The three-point shot is killing the game, as teams are stacking their rosters with shooters, stretching defenses and tearing conventional basketball concepts asunder.

• Fandango December 19, 2021 / 10:09 pm

I don’t believe in the Devil, but metaphorically speaking, I think you’re right.

2. Marleen December 19, 2021 / 6:33 pm

Curry is impressive.

3. leigha66 December 19, 2021 / 11:22 pm

From the crowds I have seen at the stores I think retail has won and if not it is certainly online sales. I have seen so many Amazon and Fed Ex trucks in town!

4. Nope, Not Pam December 20, 2021 / 1:27 am

My husband. He washed all the dishes when I made 10 litres of ice cream for my work office party and he didn’t complain once 😁

5. bushboy December 20, 2021 / 3:25 am

Aussie Patty Mills has a long way to go. Only 1,315 three pointers

6. Eugi December 20, 2021 / 4:48 am

Curry is impressive! I won the week because I didn’t watch any fake news. lol