24 Hours Late

I’m running a day late for Rory’s 24-Hour Question. But better late than never, right? Rory wants to know…

What do you like about creative writing prompts, and do you feel that they inspire you or tire you?

I enjoy creative writing prompts. I’d say that at least half of my posts are in response to such prompts. Plus I host my own daily word prompt along with a handful of weekly writing prompts. So yeah.

I like these creative writing prompts because they exercise my brain, stretch my imagination, and test my writing chops. Plus they’re fun. So yes, they do inspire me.

That said, I do sometimes tire of writing posts in response to multiple prompts and I’ll skip a few days before I get back to it. And, of course, it depends upon what’s going on in the real world, too. The more that’s going on in my OOB (outside of blogging) life, the less time I have to respond to prompts.

Bottom line, I like them, I’m inspired by them, and I appreciate the efforts those bloggers who host these prompts put into them.

12 thoughts on “24 Hours Late

1. Nope, Not Pam December 11, 2021 / 12:52 pm

I find them very motivating. Often I have no idea what to blog, but a prompt opens up the door of creativity

• Fandango December 11, 2021 / 10:07 pm

That’s what writing prompts are all about.

2. leigha66 December 11, 2021 / 4:03 pm

Some are more of a challenge than others, but they are all inspiring I believe. Gets the creative juices flowing so to speak.

3. Sadje December 11, 2021 / 6:16 pm

It’s good to know Fandango that my prompt also plays a part in inspiring you. I always enjoy your creative prompts.

• Fandango December 11, 2021 / 10:19 pm

I enjoy your prompt, as well as all of your posts, Sadje.

• Sadje December 11, 2021 / 11:19 pm

Thank you so much Fandango. 🙏🏼😍

4. donmatthewspoetry December 11, 2021 / 6:52 pm

I meant to say I like the way you treated your lateness as an integral part of the pic/post…..

5. Marlapaige December 12, 2021 / 12:25 am

I agree. Sometimes prompts are not able to give you the nudge you need because of the real world, but they can spark something that you didn’t even think to write when presented at the right time. I love the prompts. I don’t always do them (although when I do, I kind of do ALL of them at once lol), but I actually love taking some time and going through old prompts to see what I missed because I didn’t have bandwidth. I rarely go back to use them unless I’m on some weird challenge hunt for myself, but I truly enjoy seeing the creativity of the prompt hosts.

So thank you for hosting yours, as I truly enjoy being inspired by them!

6. Songshine Sounds December 12, 2021 / 9:36 am

I love prompts, but I find my muse is selective. She can’t lock into doing the same ones all the time. I just wait to see what inspires her be it photo, sentence, word count. I wish she were more regimented, but alas, she’s quite the free spirit.

• Fandango December 12, 2021 / 9:43 pm

I think most muses are free spirits. Well said.

Comments are closed.