E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt #2

E.M. Kingston has started a new weekly prompt called The Sunday Ramble. It is based upon a certain topic. She asks five questions about that topic, that we can ramble on however we wish. Today’s topic is:

1. What is your all time favorite food for any occasion?

I love Chesapeake blue crabs. They’re not indigenous to where I live now, but when I’m in the mood for some blues, I’ve found a Maryland-based company that will ship them overnight to anywhere in the continental U.S.

2. What is your favorite season and why?

When I lived back east in New England, it was autumn, primarily due to the crisp, clear weather and the stunning fall foliage. Now that I’m on the west coast in Northern California, it’s spring, a time of renewal.

3. Pick three of your most favorite colors and tell me why you love them.

Blue, brown, and gray. Why? I don’t know why. They just are.

4. Who is your favorite person on the planet?

Right now it’s my 18-month old grandson.

5. What is your most favorite personality trait in other people?

I don’t know if this is an actual word, but I’m going with genuineness. I like people to be real, down to earth, and authentic.

I noticed that when E.M. posted her own answers, her question #3 answer was for a different question #3 from the one above. So I thought I’d include my answer for alternative question #3 as well.

Alternative 3: Where is your favorite hiding spot when you want to not be bothered by anyone or anything? If you do not have a special place, make one up.

There’s a bedroom in our house that we call “the office.” It has a desk upon which sits my laptop, which I rarely use anymore, and a large monitor. The printer is in the office, as well as a file cabinet containing all of my “important papers.” There’s a sofa that converts to a bed, should we need it, and a coffee table. Whenever I feel the need to escape, I tell my wife, “I’m going to my office.”

11 thoughts on “E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt #2

1. Sadje December 5, 2021 / 8:49 am

I like your last answer the best. 😃

2. emkingston December 5, 2021 / 11:02 am

I always like reading your answers to things. Thanks for joining in and fixing my mistake lol. I was facepalming myself for not changing the color question, especially when that is why I specifically edited the post lol. Sorry about that. New England’s fall sounds absolutely gorgeous. I love spring here in California too. I need an office like yours lol. That sounds like a good place to hide out.

3. donmatthewspoetry December 6, 2021 / 12:48 am

You don’t like pink?..All guys like pink…….

• Fandango December 6, 2021 / 7:34 am

I am pretty in pink.

• donmatthewspoetry December 6, 2021 / 2:22 pm

Assuming a typo. Pretty in pink. Grab a fan and completes the picture

I’m very dashing in puce. Pince-nez completes the picture.

Did you know Puce is the French word for flea. The color is said to be the color of bloodstains on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea’s droppings, or after a flea has been crushed.

Consider me all bloodied and crushed and you get the picture.

You learn something every day Fan……I’m a dictionary of useless information

• Fandango December 6, 2021 / 2:30 pm

Yes, typo, which I have since remedied. Puce sounds less like a color than something you do into a toilet after a night of heavy drinking.

4. leigha66 December 29, 2021 / 7:59 pm

It is nice to have a place to “escape” to.

5. Carol anne January 12, 2022 / 7:09 pm

I like the sound of your hideout! I wish I had an office!

Comments are closed.