Happy Thanksgiving

For those of you who live where Thanksgiving is celebrated today, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving dinner and gathering with friends and family.

Maybe this year it will be different than last year’s Thanksgiving, when Uncle Henry got drunk and became abusive after Aunt Mary kept hitting him with those thinly veiled digs about what a failure he is.

And maybe Grandpa won’t keep bringing up all of his nutty conspiracy theories that he heard on Fox News and will stop complaining about how the American culture is going down the tubes thanks to all of those “goddam woke libtards.” And perhaps this year Mom won’t be standing there all akimbo when Dad inevitably screws up carving the turkey that she slaved over for hours.

Yes, maybe at this year’s Thanksgiving get together, everyone will be on their best behavior and will be thankful for everything they have. Maybe then it will be a perfect, Norman Rockwell-like Thanksgiving.

Yeah, right! It will probably be more like this:

Written for these daily prompts: The Daily Spur (uncle), Your Daily Word prompt (veiled), Ragtag Daily Prompt (conspiracy/akimbo), Word of the Day Challenge (culture), My Vivid Blog (thankful), and Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (everything).

14 thoughts on “Happy Thanksgiving

• Fandango November 25, 2021 / 11:38 pm

Eating to much seems to be what Thanksgiving is all about these days.

1. Nope, Not Pam November 26, 2021 / 2:09 am

This looks like fun 😁

2. Taswegian1957 November 27, 2021 / 12:38 am

We don’t celebrate it of course but for some reason all our stores have started doing Black Friday sales anyway.
    Hope you had a lovely day.

• Fandango November 27, 2021 / 5:03 am

It was a very pleasant day. Family squabbles kept to a minimum.

3. Kally November 27, 2021 / 5:42 am

Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope you had a wonderful time with your family and friends!

• Fandango November 27, 2021 / 6:06 am

I did, thanks. I hope you did as well.

4. Marleen November 27, 2021 / 1:26 pm

I had a fantastic thanksgiving day. For reasons I won’t go into at this moment, I was not with my mother. What a relief. I came back and spent time with my sons who are in this country and my oldest son’s wife and larger family, including a new soon-to-be fiancé of her mother and his in-town son and his wife. Plus a chihuahua!

I, additionally, Skyped my out-of-the-country son (who will soon be a dual citizen) an evening ahead of time. They don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, there (NZ). But, for my son’s sake, my sometime-in-the-future other daughter-in-law (my son too) makes traditional pertinent foods somewhere in the time facinity.

• Marleen November 29, 2021 / 10:51 pm

He actually got his citizenship document (in the mail) today (which is a Tuesday to him while it’s a Monday to us), the last day of November; it’s dated with this year’s Thanksgiving (without using that word).