Share Your World — 11/22/2021

It’s the Monday before Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and Melanie has another edition of Share Your World. Let’s get to it.

What are some red flags to watch out for in daily life?

For me, the biggest red flag is what is happening to my country and to the American democracy. In a way, I am happy to be an old fart because I probably won’t be around long enough to see the total collapse of democracy in the United States and the American society dissolving into chaos. But unless things change significantly, such a collapse is almost inevitable, in my opinion.

What obstacles would you include in the world’s most amazing obstacle course?

I would prefer to remove obstacles than to include them.

Who is the best movie or book villain in your opinion? (Book is included because some folks don’t watch movies.)

I think it has to be Hannibal Lecter from “Silence of the Lambs.”

What, in your opinion, is the most beautiful/handsome part of your face? (No dissing yourself please, we’re all beautiful/handsome!)

My eyes?

This Thursday, Americans celebrate Thanksgiving. What are some foods you enjoy for your festive celebration dinners?

I’m not a fan of traditional Thanksgiving fare, like turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc. This year we are having Thanksgiving at our son and daughter-in-law’s place, along with her family, and we agreed to go Italian. Seriously, who doesn’t like Italian?

17 thoughts on “Share Your World — 11/22/2021

1. Ruth November 22, 2021 / 2:29 pm

Aww, I thought your favourite part of your face was going to be your paper bag! 🙂

2. Marilyn Armstrong November 22, 2021 / 6:01 pm

Roast chicken with stuffing. You know, one of the big ones. I don’t like turkey and it turns out, neither does anyone else. But we’re all okay with chicken — except maybe the chicken.

3. amoralegria November 22, 2021 / 8:15 pm

Fantastic responses, especially the “red flags” and the “villain” – I’m totally with you on both of these. Italian is my favorite cuisine, but I’ve only had Italian food on Thanksgiving once – and that was in Rio de Janeiro, five years ago!

• Fandango November 22, 2021 / 10:19 pm

Thanks. I was tempted to go with either Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell as the villain, but then I decided to stick with fictional villains.

4. donmatthewspoetry November 23, 2021 / 1:00 am

Sadly I’m inclined to agree.’such a collapse is almost inevitable, in my opinion’

I also of an age to not be here later however I do worry for our children/grandchildren……

5. Nope, Not Pam November 23, 2021 / 1:04 am

Hannibal Lecter was an amazing villain

6. Melanie B Cee November 23, 2021 / 7:11 am

Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World! Your eyes (as they are depicted) are gorgeous, but I’m with Ruth. I thought “paper bag” would be your choice! 😉 Your first answer was sobering, but many of us feel the same way. Me? I’m a little jealous of people in your demographic too, because yeah you’ll probably fall off the perch before the end of America completes itself, and I suspect I’ll have to see at least some of it. 😦 Your villain is turning out to be the most popular villain! Enjoy your Italian thanksgiving and have a great one! 🙂

7. leigha66 November 23, 2021 / 6:29 pm

My dad made the best basic turkey sandwiches after Thanksgiving… it is now tradition to have one of his signature sandwiches every year so it is traditional food for us. But Italian is always good too!