Frank (aka PCGuy) and Di (aka Pensitivity101) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. Today is Frank’s turn to host and he wants to know…
1. What is an Arnold Palmer?
One half of golf pro bookends, the other half being Jack Nicklaus.
2. What is a niblick?
It’s a Popsicle-like brand of frozen, flavored ice sticks.
3. What is a mashie?
It’s a type of potato grown specifically for mashing.
4. What’s the difference between a hook and a slice?
A hook is used to hang things on. A slice is a thin piece of something, like a hunk of cheese or a loaf of bread.
5. What name is given to a single hole score of three under par?
A triple crown.
6. What’s a bogey?
A nickname for a big, scary, nightmarish creature called a bogeyman.
7. What’s the difference between a regular golf course and an executive golf course?
The latter charges much more for a membership and often excludes memberships for anyone who is not white and Christian.
8. What unique award is given to the winner of the Masters Tournament?
A Master’s Degree.
9. Why do golf balls have dimples?
To give them more sex appeal.
10. What is the 19th hole?
It’s the hole following the 18th and preceding the 20th. Duh!