Fandango’s Provocative Question #144

FPQ

Welcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

When my wife and I were watching Saturday Night Live this weekend, I noticed that comedian Pete Davidson has a lot of tattoos. I mean a whole lot of tattoos.

I asked my wife what would possess anyone to get that many tattoos. “You know your daughter has about a half a dozen tattoos,” she responded. “Yeah, and I don’t know what possessed her to get those tattoos either,” I said.

This week’s provocative question is about tattoos.

Do you have any tattoos? What is the meaning or significance of them? If you do have tattoos, do you have any regrets about any of them?

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

28 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #144

1. Sadje November 17, 2021 / 3:39 am

Nopes, no tattoos! So regretfully no FPQ post this week. 😔

2. donmatthewspoetry November 17, 2021 / 3:53 am

No I don’t and no I don’t get it.

And it’s not like you can wash them off in the shower. You’ve got them for good.

Someone here has a spiderweb on his shaved head…..If there’s a message here I’m missing it…..

3. Marleen November 17, 2021 / 6:01 am

I have zero tattoos and zero regrets about that.

4. Paula Light November 17, 2021 / 6:33 am

I have none and won’t be getting any. They can be pretty and/or interesting, like a few I’ve seen in an octopus group. But so painful! I like the idea of a snake curled around your tummy like a belt. That would be cool! The ones like Pete has I hate… just random weird shit cluttering up your skin. Ick! And I especially hate anything on the face or neck. So gross…

5. leigha66 November 17, 2021 / 6:23 pm

If you get technical I have 3, but two are just dots marking the radiation field I had during my cancer treatments. The third is one my daughter drew and I got for my tenth year cancer free.

6. Marilyn Armstrong November 17, 2021 / 7:30 pm

Usually I have to get philosophical, but this was neat: a simple answer to a simple question with no philosophy involved. Whee!

• Fandango November 17, 2021 / 11:10 pm

Yes, it’s almost a “yes or no” question, which is why I added the parts about significance/meaning and about regrets.

7. Nope, Not Pam November 18, 2021 / 1:25 am

I don’t have any tattoos but my son is covered in them. He did a lot of them himself and I think he regrets them now, as a lot of opportunities disappeared because of them, but I think they are him and you should always embrace the real you.

8. Taswegian1957 November 18, 2021 / 1:29 pm

No. Apart from the fact that I’m too cowardly to have such a painful procedure I just don’t like them. I can understand someone getting one or two tattoos that are meaningful to them but increasingly I see people whose limbs, bodies and even heads are completely covered with ink. I don’t think it looks attractive and if you are going to a formal event, I think it looks downright odd with an evening gown or a tuxedo.

9. CARAMEL November 18, 2021 / 3:23 pm

I have none. But I am a princess, and generally tattoos would ruin my image.

• CARAMEL November 19, 2021 / 1:16 am

Technically it is “Your Royal Highness”, but I will overlook it. Only the Queen is called “Your Majesty”.

• Fandango November 19, 2021 / 5:50 pm

Thanks. Even after watching “The Crown” on Netflix, royal titles still confuse me.