Jab Number Three

Last night I got my Moderna COVID-19 booster shot. It didn’t hurt at all. Last night.

This morning my left shoulder was a bit sore. But other than that, no adverse effects.

My wife and I went over to my son and daughter-in-law’s place this morning to watch our 18 month old grandson while my son and DIL took their two week old baby girl in for her two week checkup. Everything was cool.

But by around noon, I was starting to feel very tired, and by the time we got home in the early afternoon, I was feeling a bit achy. So I took an Advil and then took a nap.

I’m feeling better now, but I think I’ll just relax for the rest of the evening. I’m sure I’ll be feeling 100% by tomorrow.

And as far as I’m concerned, this feeling a little sore, tired, and achy for a day or two is a small price to pay for knowing that I’m protected from a potentially fatal disease.

And I’m just thankful that my balls didn’t swell up like Nicki Minaj’s cousin’s friend’s did, according to a tweet from Miss Minaj.

22 thoughts on “Jab Number Three

1. donmatthewspoetry November 10, 2021 / 6:54 pm

Beware the dreaded ball-swell-up
    (Not just one but two)
    Could stop you getting married (shit!)
    Cock-a-doodle-doo….,.

Glad you didn’t get to Nicki’s cousin’s state Fan. Could have spelt disaster for you…….

2. Sadje November 10, 2021 / 7:28 pm

I don’t get any adverse effects from my booster as well. But it’s still is worth getting a vaccine, even if makes you a bit sick, than getting sick from Covid

3. Marleen November 10, 2021 / 8:25 pm

If I were getting a booster, I’d want to stick to one brand like you did. (For one reason, then the liability is clear… even if they’ve all been let off the hook.)

I’m not getting a booster, because the second shot was — and is — serious enough hell; while having the infection itself (March 2020) wasn’t bad at all.

4. lssattitudeofgratitude November 10, 2021 / 8:45 pm

My booster left me achy and in pain for a few days. I’ll take that any day ratehr than risk losing my life. Glad you are better.

5. Ruth November 10, 2021 / 11:47 pm

I had my flu jab last week, but my Covid booster isn’t due until December… 🙂

6. Mister Bump UK November 10, 2021 / 11:51 pm

I had more of a reaction from the third shot, too, but, you know, small fry. My first two were AZ and the third was Pfizer, although tbh it ould have just been the injectionist was less skilled.

7. abigfatcanofworms November 11, 2021 / 12:23 am

LOL. I had a 3rd Pfizer a couple of weeks ago. I only got an achey arm from all of my 3 shots. Was pretty grateful for that… especially given the potential for marriage breakdown. 😀

8. CARAMEL November 11, 2021 / 4:41 am

I have had three jabs. I had no sore arm or any other effects. Some of my colleagues said they had a sore arm or felt a little tired. Maybe I have a particularly tough arm that does not mind being a pin cushion.

• Fandango November 11, 2021 / 5:36 am

I always knew you were a tough cookie, Mel.

9. Terveen Gill November 11, 2021 / 6:28 am

Good thing you got the booster shot. And that tweet…I wouldn’t believe that. Just blame it on the vaccine. The new mantra. 🙂

10. Jay November 11, 2021 / 7:01 am

Well done on getting the third shot! I hope you’re feeling better!

And I’m sure that guy is THRILLED that Nicki Minaj’s followers now all know about his swollen balls! lol

11. Marleen November 20, 2021 / 8:35 am

Boosters for all adults, conflicting advice · 21 hours ago

12. leigha66 December 4, 2021 / 10:25 am

Booster was only an achy arm and a bit of extra fatigue. Glad to have it though as you said, it is better than a life threatening illness.