Stupid Human Tricks

My cat sleeps in my bed.

When he gets hungry each morning, usually at around 6, he starts poking my face with his nose to get me up.

This morning when he poked me, I looked by at my bedroom clock. It wasn’t quite 5:00. So I told him that it was too early.

But he continued to poke my face with his nose. I ignored him. So he bit my hand.

I guess he never heard the old adage, “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.”

In a way, though, I can’t blame him. He didn’t know we turned the clocks back an hour last night. It’s another one of our stupid human tricks.

18 thoughts on “Stupid Human Tricks

1. Paula Light November 7, 2021 / 7:59 am

The ducks outside seem very agitated by the time change. So much quacking!

PS: make sure to put Bactine on your owie. Love, mom

2. Melanie B Cee November 7, 2021 / 8:57 am

Ziggy was annoyed too. He wanted to stay in bed longer, and I insisted on getting up. IF the time were ‘normal’ (like yesterday’s was) it would have been 6:15 a.m., as it was it was 5:15… His time clock is working better than mine! Sorry about your cat, but the cat knows what time it is and probably doesn’t understand why we fuss with that damned clock at all.

• Fandango November 7, 2021 / 10:25 am

I don’t understand why we fuss with the clock either. Grrr.

3. XingfuMama November 7, 2021 / 9:27 am

My cat does that poke me in the face thing also. But she does it about 2:00 am, then again at 4:00 or so then again at around six…It’s like having an infant.

4. rugby843 November 7, 2021 / 9:33 am

That’s one reason I’m not a fan of cats

Sent from my iPhone

5. pensitivity101 November 7, 2021 / 9:41 am

Maggie always slept with us, and the hour change always confused her until we got the boat. Then we got up with the sun and went to bed when it was dark. Suited her. Hope your hand heals quickly. A ct bit me but for a different reason and I still have the scars.

6. eschudel November 7, 2021 / 9:44 am

Keep an eye on that…cat bites can become infected really quickly (trust me, I know!)

7. Nope, Not Pam November 7, 2021 / 10:37 am

Ouch, that’s sure one of those hungry bites, but you’re right, it’s hard for animals to understand 😟

8. Lou Carreras November 7, 2021 / 11:47 am

Xenia slept in. No morning operas at 2 Am and 430 AM. But tonight she’ll be indignant when supper does not arrive on schedule. There will be serious aria problems then. She likes the stairwell or the bathroom for acoustics.

9. Carol anne November 7, 2021 / 1:16 pm

Lol! He reminds me of my Nitro! Nudging me with his wet nose to wake me up so I’ll let him out and feed him! They are so clever! ❤

10. bushboy November 7, 2021 / 5:03 pm

OK first off I am sorry for:-
    1. Your cat bite.
    2. For laughing – I have to side with the cat and stomach time
    Now I don’t have to be any where at a specific time all the time, I live by the Sun, the Moon and stars and my stomach. I stopped wearing a watch many many years ago. At that time there were clocks on or in many buildings or could always glance at a watch-wearers watch as the passed by

11. Marleen November 7, 2021 / 6:07 pm

I like that you’re calling the time change a stupid human trick. My mother has her own stupid tricks (in any season), which attracts other jerks. I got somone “served” (not breakfast) today. One down. I have evidence, so this will stick. Even though he was here for lunch on Monday (at her invitation), my mother has told me repeatedly for months that he upset her so badly the last time she saw him that she went into the bathroom and threw up. She hates cats (and all animals), so I don’t get to have one. I might rethink that. She was in a vehicle with a loose dog in order to go scamming with him.

12. Terveen Gill November 8, 2021 / 4:29 am

Cats are not to be trusted. Hope you two can find the heart to forgive each other. Haha. Take care.

13. leigha66 November 30, 2021 / 3:38 pm

Ouch! Yeah, my cats were not synced with time change either.