Fandango’s Provocative Question #142

FPQ

Welcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

I received my first two COVID-19 vaccinations last February and March. They were the Moderna vaccines. Recently, the American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) approved COVID-19 booster shots at 6 months or more after their initial series of shot for certain groups, including for those people who are 65 years and older and adults who have underlying medical conditions or live or work in a high risk setting.

I’m over 65 and I’ve scheduled my COVID booster shot for next week. My question to you this week has to do with COVID-19 booster shots.

If you have already received your initial COVID-19 vaccinations, are you intending to get a booster shot when it becomes available to you? Why or why not? If you have yet to be vaccinated for COVID-19, are you intending to ever get vaccinated? Why or why not?

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

34 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #142

1. Mister Bump UK November 3, 2021 / 3:20 am

That vaccine programme has already been underway for a month here. There’s quite compelling medical papers showing a drop in antibodies after about 5-6 months. They compelled me, anyhow. Whether giving me a third dose is more effective than giving an African a first dose, of course, is more open to question.

2. animar64 November 3, 2021 / 9:58 am

I get flu shots every year. One more isn’t a big deal to me.

• Fandango November 3, 2021 / 10:53 am

I do too. I already got my flu shot and my shingles shot last month.

3. Marilyn Armstrong November 3, 2021 / 12:10 pm

I’m still waiting on three, though not for want of trying. OUR pharmacies wouldn’t give shots before the OFFICIAL CDC approval and I wasn’t sick enough to get one. Huh?/ But I’m trying to schedule one now. I’ve been trying to get one for weeks already. Garry, fortunately, got his.

4. rugby843 November 3, 2021 / 12:47 pm

I’ve had the booster, so three Covid vaccines in all. I also had a flu shot and shingles shot so I’m completely shot up😂No side effects at all—well except now I am bulletproof 😳👍🏻👊🏻

Sent from my iPhone

5. aguycalledbloke November 3, 2021 / 3:26 pm

I have had two shots already – l am currently debating the third. Suze has had two, and has also had the third C19 [booster] and a flu shot ……… but l am still debating.

6. Marleen November 4, 2021 / 12:28 am

I got both of my shots. I’m not getting another — because I’m not a masochist (I’m not afraid of needles or blood or any of that, so I’m talking extreme and extended side-effects).

• Fandango November 4, 2021 / 11:42 am

Really? My side effects from my first two jabs were very mild.

• Marleen November 4, 2021 / 8:49 pm

I wish I had gotten the (one-dose) J&J. Then I’d probably be happy-go-lucky about a booster.

• Marleen November 7, 2021 / 7:30 am

British Medical Journal vaccine [Pfizer] trial {corruption} · [Doctor Campbell review] 19 hours ago

7. CARAMEL November 4, 2021 / 5:38 am

I have had three covid jabs so far, in accord with recommendations for NHS patient facing staff

I was vaccinated for all sorts of illnesses as a baby/child. I have always followed travel advice and had mandatory requirements whenever necessary. I have never had a bad reaction to a vaccine and I am aware of the testing processes that are involved before any vaccine can be made available. I work in the NHS, and we put our confidence in these testing processes on a daily basis. However, I have heard of people having adverse reactions to all manner of medication and vaccines, and the limits in testing with regards to certain “vulnerable groups”.

I do respect the concerns that others have had. The world has probably not seen such a quick roll out of a vaccine before. If anyone was nervous about vaccine safety before, the speed of this roll-out may have caused them additional concerns. On a personal and professional level I respect the views of others. I also feel vaccines are a part of the battle against this virus. I think other measures such as good hygiene and quarantine are vital.

What I do consider very harmful is the spread of inaccurate information about vaccine safety. It is very upsetting to see the power that incorrect information has.

• Fandango November 4, 2021 / 11:56 am

I respect the views of others and those who have LEGITIMATE medical reasons for not wanting to get vaccinated. But most who refuse, at least here in the States, are refusing for political reasons, claiming it violates their constitutional rights and infringes on their personal freedoms. Yet these same people have no issue with interfering with the personal freedoms of woman to manage their own healthcare and reproductive rights. It’s hypocrisy like that that drives me up the wall.

8. kajmeister26 November 4, 2021 / 9:08 am

There’s a bit of evidence suggesting that mixing Moderna with a Pfizer booster is better, and logically — given that there’s no evidence of harm with it — crossing doses that trigger your immune system in different ways are likely to be better. There’s definitely evidence that mixing Pfizer shots with a Modern booster is particularly good. You can ask your medical provider whether they allow it. I went through Kaiser, had Moderna as my two shots, and went I got to the “line,” just said I wanted the Pfizer booster and that’s where they sent me.

• Fandango November 4, 2021 / 12:11 pm

It does make sense, but I’m sticking with Moderna for my booster.

9. leigha66 November 26, 2021 / 1:14 am

Within a week of being eligible I got my Pfizer booster. I heard the Moderna shot had move side effects so I stuck with just an achy arm and fatigue, not much new for someone with fibro.