SoCS — My Least Favorite Body Parts

For this week’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt, Linda G. Hill has asked us to pick a body part and talk about it. I’m going to talk about toes.

I’m not a fan of toes. They are my least favorite body parts. First of all, they have toenails that must be cut almost as often as fingernails must be cut. But toes, being at the very tip of your foot, which is at the end of your leg, are simply too far away to take a pair of clippers and to effectively trim their nails without being a contortionist.

And toenails are m also thicker and bigger than fingernails — at least mine are — meaning that a regular fingernail clipper will not suffice. You have to have a dedicated toenail clipper.

And then there is the unpleasant task of washing between your toes. Again, they’re hard to reach while standing in the shower, so I sort of ignore washing my toes. I just hope that enough soapy water runs down my legs when I’m showering that my toes get relatively cleaned.

And unlike my hands, on which I use soothing hand lotion once or twice a day, I don’t often use hand lotion on my feet. Hence, the skin between my toes tends to get dry and flaky.

I’ve asked my wife if she might consider clipping my toenails for me or at least slathering my toes in hand lotion every now and then to keep the skin between my toes from cracking. But she has told me in no uncertain terms that she wants to have nothing to do with my toes. She doesn’t want to touch my toes or even look at them.

The only good thing about toes is that they are far enough away from my nose that if they smell bad from having spent day after day being stuffed inside my shoes, I can’t smell them.

Did I mention that toes are funny looking?

17 thoughts on “SoCS — My Least Favorite Body Parts

1. donmatthewspoetry October 23, 2021 / 4:08 am

You can’t use hand lotion on toes. They don’t like it. You need toe lotion. Available at your local toe care shop…….

And don’t ever let them hear you call them funny looking…….

2. bushboy October 23, 2021 / 4:16 am

Thanks for that….no unseeing those images. Elbows are just about as sexy as scrotums 😂😂

3. pensitivity101 October 23, 2021 / 4:36 am

I hate feet…….. even mine. Ex husband and Ex partner had horrible feet and toes, ex husband cutting his toe nails and leaving the clippings on the window sill. Hubby keeps his feet to himself.

4. Terveen Gill October 23, 2021 / 5:00 am

Haha! A really funny depiction. Yes, feet have the lowest appeal. Could it be their southern nature? 🙂

5. Maggie October 23, 2021 / 5:44 am

Baby toes – cute. Old toes like mine – not so cute. And why do the toenails get thicker as we get older? 🥴

6. Marleen October 23, 2021 / 6:12 am

😂

I can’t think of a least favorite body part (although, yeah, I wouldn’t want to get too near some people’s feet). If I were to base it on difficulty in getting to for cleaning, it’d be upper middle back. I get my shoulder out of whack reaching there, but should buy a shower brush with a handle.

7. newepicauthor October 23, 2021 / 7:27 am

The only good thing about being a diabetic is that I get to see my foot doctor every 9 weeks and she clips my toenails.

8. J-Dub October 23, 2021 / 5:08 pm

You should treat yourself to a pedicure. It’s quite lovely. 🙂

9. leigha66 November 12, 2021 / 7:19 pm

I have it a little easier now as I had each nail on my big toes removed… chemo basically ruined them and the began to grow wrong causing pain. Now… the other 8 nails, I don’t like to cut either, but I become a pretzel and get it done when needed.