Before It’s Too Late

It’s a cautionary tale I’m telling you. We are destroying our planet and leaving behind a scorched earth for the generations that follow us. Yet there is a large part of our society that is in denial, as if they are under some sort of hypnotic trance.

Don’t blame me. I’m just the messenger.

It’s time to come out of the corner and step into the center of the ring. This is literally a fight to the finish between those who wish to save our future and those big money interests who continue to pursue their own short-term, unenlightened self-interests.

We must act. Before it’s too late. If it’s not too late already.

Written for these daily prompts: Word of the Day Challenge (cautionary), Ragtag Daily Prompt (scorch), The Daily Spur (part), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (hypnotic), Your Daily Word Prompt (blame), and My Vivid Blog (corner).

14 thoughts on “Before It’s Too Late

• Fandango October 18, 2021 / 9:55 pm

Yes, and the won 12-3. Woo hoo!!!

1. Sadje October 18, 2021 / 9:15 pm

Well said Fandango. It’s time for positive action.

2. writerravenclaw October 19, 2021 / 1:50 am

Well done, I watched a show on BBC yesterday about climate change, and the warnings scientists made. There were some leaked e mails which suggested they falsified the data, but they didn’t. He said two things would happen forest fires and the melting of the ice caps, which are both happening in our lifetime.

3. Nope, Not Pam October 19, 2021 / 2:35 am

Great take on the prompt Fandango. Sometimes I wonder what those idiots will do with their money when it all ends ☹️

4. Terveen Gill October 19, 2021 / 5:38 am

An effective write. It should be considered an emergency. But humans tend to dawdle. 🙂

5. Marleen October 29, 2021 / 7:45 am

This company owns the world (and it’s our fault) – BlackRock · 3 weeks ago

6. leigha66 November 6, 2021 / 5:19 pm

Yeah, I feel like I am in a terribly backwards area when we don’t even have curbside recycling yet!