Shattered Dream

The Red Sox did what they had to do, but the Giants faltered. Ten days ago I wrote a post sharing how I was dreaming about the potential of a World Series this year between the Boston Red Sox and the San Francisco Giants. Well, the Red Sox did their part by first beating the New York Yankees in the American League Wild Card game and then besting the Tampa Bay Rays in their best-of-five divisional series.

But last night, the Giants were unable to bring it home, losing — at home — to their arch rivals, the Los Angeles Dodgers, in the best-of-five National League divisional series in a heartbreaking game, and thereby dashing my dream of a Red Sox-Giants World Series.

Now the Red Sox have to face the Houston Astros in the best-of-seven American League Championship series, the winner of which will go on to the World Series to face off against the winner of the National League Championship series between the LA Dodgers and the Atlanta Braves.

If the Sox can get past the Astros, they’ll be in the World Series, and at least half of my dream will be realized. Go Sox!

8 thoughts on “Shattered Dream

1. rugby843 October 15, 2021 / 2:49 pm

I’m a Red Sox fan all the way! I like the Astros since we saw them a few times but RS have my heart😂

Sent from my iPhone

• Fandango October 15, 2021 / 10:35 pm

Alas, the Astros won game one 5 to 4. 🙁

2. Marleen October 15, 2021 / 3:56 pm

I’ll be (mildly) for LA over Atlanta.

3. donmatthewspoetry October 15, 2021 / 8:50 pm

Appreciate your warning
    (I really play crisscross)
    Although I might sound critical
    I’m sorry for your loss……

# crisscross – a complicated body sport played down here
    Similar rules to crosscriss, if you follow me….

4. Carol anne October 16, 2021 / 12:00 am

Awww sorry your dreams werent realised! But I’m glad the red socks made it this far!

5. Marilyn Armstrong October 16, 2021 / 1:56 pm

JD just hit a grand slam in the first inning. It’s JUST the first inning, but still, it’s a good sign to start off with four runs in the bank! Fingers crossed!