Frank (aka PCGuy) and Di (aka Pensitivity101) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. Today is Frank’s turn to host and here are his questions.
1. Exactly what did Columbus do in 1492?
He took the world’s very first hot air balloon ride.
2. Why does Canada celebrate Thanksgiving in October rather than November as the US does?
Because Canadians want to give thanks for not honoring a guy who did terrible things to native people in the new world.
3. Why do we carve pumpkins into Jack-o-lanterns for Halloween?
It’s an annual October ritual that pays tribute to the all-knowing, all-seeing, omnipresent, omnipotent Great Pumpkin for having blessed us with pumpkin spice.
4. If “octo-” means eight, then why is October the tenth month?
Because Pope Gregory XIII, who introduced the Gregorian calendar in October 1582, didn’t speak Latin.
5. Why do kids dress up in costumes and go trick-or-treating on Halloween?
Because that was one of the Great Pumpkin’s commandments Linus brought down from Mount Pumpkin Patch.
6. What is the movie, “Hocus Pocus” about?
It’s biopic about the world’s greatest magician who coined that phrase and repeated it after every feat of magic he performed.
7. In the Movie, “Halloween,” why was Michael Myers sent to an insane asylum when he was only six years old?
Because he attempted to destroy with world’s supply of pumpkin spice that was bestowed upon us by the all-knowing, all-seeing, omnipresent, omnipotent Great Pumpkin.
8. Continuing from the previous question, what did Myers do when he escaped approximately fifteen years later?
He tried to atone for his crime by opening up a Starbucks that, for the month October each year, gave away pumpkin spice lattes.
9. What was the movie, “Lost Boys” about?
It was about a group of boys who got lost. Duh!
10. According to legend, why don’t vampires have a reflection?
Because vampires are very shallow and don’t spend any time reflecting upon the ramifications of their evil deeds.