Share Your World — 10/11/2021

It’s time for another edition of Melanie’s Share Your World prompt. Here’s what she wants to know.

What is the scariest game (board or online) you ever may have played?

Hmm. My son and his wife used to play this board game called “Pandemic,” which they roped my wife and me to play with them whenever we all got together.

The object is for the team of players to manage to fight the spread of a deadly pandemic before it wipes out the human population. It used to be a mildly enjoyable game. But once an actual worldwide pandemic broke out last year, it became too real. And that’s a bit scary.

What’s just ‘over the rainbow” for you?

Death?

Do you have to watch something upbeat after watching a suspense or horror movie so you can go to sleep?

No. I usually can fall asleep with ease regardless of what I was watching. Of course, my dreams might be very different depending upon what I recently watched.

Is there intent behind every action?

I believe that there is intent, either conscious or unconscious, behind most actions. But more important than intent, in my opinion, are the consequences of our actions, regardless of intent. Sometimes good intentions can lead to bad consequences and bad intentions can occasionally, and perhaps surprisingly, result in positive consequences.

14 thoughts on “Share Your World — 10/11/2021

1. amoralegria October 11, 2021 / 8:27 pm

Wow, there was a game about pandemics! Quite prescient, but I agree, not too much fun to play anymore.

2. Sadje October 11, 2021 / 8:51 pm

Someone thought of a game, pandemic! This is scary indeed that it actually happened.

3. Mister Bump UK October 12, 2021 / 12:17 am

Your last one, my mum would always say “I was only trying to help”, after her interference made a situation worse. Drove me crazy, just that she couldn’t learn *not* to interfere, and it greatly increased the distance between us.

4. donmatthewspoetry October 12, 2021 / 1:49 am

You haven’t come across my little Billy yet. (can type with his toes. All 10) . Talking of scary board games, Father Christmas gave him Snakes and Ladders. Trouble is his mum and dad are paranoid about ladders. Fear of them. Climacophobia. A rare phobia.

So poor Billy’s got no-one to play S&L with. You think FC would have consulted with his parents first. Maybe tiddly-winks would’ve been a better choice.

Is there such a thing as Tiddlyphobia Fandango? i’m not an expert in phobias…..

5. Marleen October 13, 2021 / 6:43 am

I will keep my eyes open for that game. Sounds interesting.

6. Melanie B Cee October 13, 2021 / 9:27 am

Thanks for Sharing Your World Fandango! “Pandemic” does NOT sound fun at all. But perhaps given the time frame, it was exciting to imagine. Living the reality no doubt put paid to that idea. I’ve actually seen a few on-line games that, while they don’t come right out and say “Pandemic”, fool with the concept of life ‘after’ that kind of devastation. Those are CREEPY games. I liked your thoughts in intention too, very perceptive! And yeah, the Grim Reaper IS over the rainbow. But so is a pot of gold in some respects – it is the true “undiscovered country’ in imagination! Have a great week!

7. Marleen October 13, 2021 / 10:40 am

Over the rainbow?

Are Bill Gates & Co Building Cities Or Just Buying Up Land?!