Fandango’s Flashback Friday — October 8th

Wouldn’t you like to expose your newer readers to some of your earlier posts that they might never have seen? Or remind your long term followers of posts that they might not remember? Each Friday I will publish a post I wrote on this exact date in a previous year.

How about you? Why don’t you reach back into your own archives and highlight a post that you wrote on this very date in a previous year? You can repost your Friday Flashback post on your blog and pingback to this post. Or you can just write a comment below with a link to the post you selected.

If you’ve been blogging for less than a year, go ahead and choose a post that you previously published on this day (the 8th) of any month within the past year and link to that post in a comment.

This was originally posted on October 8, 2017.

What Women Need to Know About Men

Image result for Men and women are different

You may find this hard to believe, but men and women are different, and not just in a superficial way. They think, feel, and behave differently. Men are relatively simple, straightforward beings. Women are complex, complicated organisms.

If you are a woman, here are a few hints that may help you to understand, relate to, and deal with us guys. If you are a man, feel free to add your own insights.

Are you ready?

Men are not mind readers. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

Ask directly for what you want. Let us be clear on this one:

Subtle hints do not work.
Strong hints to not work.
Obvious hints do not work.
Just say it.

“Yes” and “No” are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after seven days.

If you think you’re fat, you probably are. Don’t ask us.

If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant it the other way.

You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

Christopher Columbus did not need to ask for directions, and neither do we.

Most men see only primary colors. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

If we ask what is wrong and you say “nothing,” we will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

If you ask a question that you don’t want an answer to, expect an answer that you don’t want to hear.

When we have to go out somewhere, anything you wear is fine. Really.

Don’t ask us what we’re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball or motor sports.

You have enough clothes; you have too many shoes.

And finally, crying is not playing fair.

Written for today’s one-word prompt, “superficial.”

31 thoughts on “Fandango’s Flashback Friday — October 8th

1. Sadje October 8, 2021 / 3:08 am

I’m glad some man ( you) came outright and said it. Women have always suspected this lack of depth in men but thanks for confirming it!
    It’s a hilarious post. Thanks for sharing it again.

2. Nope, Not Pam October 8, 2021 / 3:40 am

And when men, your mother wants it, it’s not sufficient justification. (Yes, nearly divorced over that one)

3. donmatthewspoetry October 8, 2021 / 5:13 am

I like this idea of yours to post something done previously on the date.

This one I posted on the 8 October 2000. I wanted to brighten up the wedding couple and guests happy occasion. They appeared to like it and there has been no reports of any deaths as a result. Phew! You gotta be careful about things like this Fandango…….

Lovely….

4. Lolsy's Library October 8, 2021 / 5:37 am

I do have to giggle at this, because even though I’ve been with my partner for 7 years. I keep thinking “How does he not know how I’m feeling” lol.

5. joseph elon lillie October 8, 2021 / 6:51 am

I laughed through this, but the color thing caused me to break out loud….mauve….chartreuse…..puse…they aren’t real things.

6. Marleen October 8, 2021 / 4:48 pm

The one about Columbus is fantastic.

I had a peach encounter just a few days ago. The outfit I put on was viewed as pink. I explained that it was peach, which didn’t change the view of the color. We also had a discussion about a poncho — that it’s not the same thing as a cardigan. That’s my children’s father.

Now, all my children (all sons) are very masculine. But the most macho of them has two favorite colors — iris and mauve. He was informed, yesterday, that he has been approved to become a New Zealand citizen.

I was once asked a question, playing Loaded Questions: [something along the lines of] “What would be your biggest hindrance in dating?”

I answered: “not enough shoes” in contemplation to which the guy sitting next to me looked completely confused.