Share Your World — 9/27/21

This is Melanie’s last Share Your World prompt for September 2021. That means we are about to enter the fourth and final quarter of the year. My oh my how quickly time flies. Anyway, let’s get to it.

1. What’s your favorite way to exercise? (If you do or don’t. Exercising one’s mind is a valid answer IMHO, because that’s my favorite).

In my old age, I live a rather sedentary lifestyle. I suppose, body-wise, my most common form of exercise these days is going on briskly-paced walks with my wife. And mind-wise, reading and blogging is how I attempt to exercise my brain.

2. What’s more important to you – family or friends?

Friends are important, but family is most important. At least to me.

3. Have you ever voted for someone (in whatever venue – politics, contests, school elections) based solely on how they looked?

Other than voting for my favorite contestant in a wet T-shirt contest during a spring break in Ft. Lauderdale when I was in college, which was many decades ago, my votes are way more than skin deep.

4. (silly one) How could carousels be spiced up so they are more exciting?

First, make it adults only (i.e., 18 or over) and second, require everyone to shed their clothing before getting on the carousel. That would make it more exciting. Or possibly more frightening!

20 thoughts on “Share Your World — 9/27/21

1. Marleen September 27, 2021 / 9:52 am

I remember people saying they voted for Bill Clinton because he looked good; some swooned. He’s not even attractive! And what an insane thought — voting for somone to have power because of appearance? Well… in my opinion, we paid dearly for that. But we’ve “paid” for others, too. The second Bush… and maybe for first one as well because the second one (with Cheney really leading) was trying to settle some shit about his father. Damn!

2. Melanie B Cee September 27, 2021 / 9:56 am

Thank you Fandango for Sharing Your (spicy) World! 😆😅🤣 Oh my goodness, I admit your carousel answer made me really chuckle. Now that would be something to see! I do hope the carousel in question is properly insured, because there could be lawsuits from folks getting black eyes from some of the ‘stuff’ flying around that ought not be.. 🥺🧓🏻👵🏻👴🏻 (Look MA! No clothes) hee hee hee. I like the idea. And nobody under 18? Fabulous. Maybe one could have an actual conversation without the ubiquitous shrieks and laughter of happy children. 🙂 Wet T-shirt contestant with superior ahem attributes then? 😂 Well I know you are dead serious about voting NOW and that’s what counts…we all age, some of us though, never mature. You escaped that. Kudos! 🙂 Have a wonderful week in Sunny CA! 🙂

3. Marleen September 27, 2021 / 10:05 am

As for exercising the brain, I was (exactly before checking back in on this blog) going to ask who has the attention span any more for something like this. I enjoy learning from people who can present themselves, developing EQ and experiential insight as well as flat information intelligence.

Dr. Robert Malone, Inventor of using “RNA as a drug” and core mRNA and DNA vaccine technologies. 382K views · 1 month ago

• Fandango September 27, 2021 / 1:05 pm

Maybe the people who run the carousel should vote, based upon looks, who should be allowed to ride on it. 😂

4. Nope, Not Pam September 27, 2021 / 1:18 pm

Carousels without clothes? Be chilly in winter 😕

5. Lou Carreras September 27, 2021 / 4:32 pm

As one septuagenarian to another: Damn! Those wet T-shirt contests do stick in the mind; don’t they!

6. Carol anne September 27, 2021 / 5:57 pm

Lol fandango, getting everyone to shed their clothes before climbing aboard the carasel would definitely make it more exciting! Hehehee!

7. J-Dub September 28, 2021 / 7:49 am

Your answers made my day! Thanks for the morning chuckle.

8. leigha66 October 8, 2021 / 12:27 pm

I don’t know that I have ever voted by looks but I know the few times I have been at the horseraces I definitely have picked horses just on their looks. I think I will steer clear of any carousel you run though. Ha, ha!