TMP — Frozen

Every Monday, Paula Light, with her The Monday Peeve prompt, gives us an opportunity to vent or rant about something that pisses us off.

WordPress is pissing me off today. Or maybe it’s Apple. Or maybe it’s WordPress and Apple. I don’t know.

I blog on my iPhone. I use the WordPress app for iOS. And, of course, the Apple iOS for iPhones. Most of the time, especially now that I’ve gotten used to and have actually embraced the block editor, the WordPress app works fine. But twice in the past two weeks, right in the middle of saving a draft post, the app froze up. I hit “Update” and got the icon showing that it’s updating. But then it doesn’t stop “updating.” I can’t do anything, including closing the app. The screen, except for the that little circle going round and round in the black Updating box, is frozen.

I can move to a different app on my iPhone, but when I return to the WordPress app, it’s still updating and I can do nothing within the app. So then I go back to my iPhone’s home screen and delete the WordPress app. I then reinstall it from the App Store and it’s working again. Except the updates to the draft post I was working on were never saved.

I just got notified that Apple iOS 15.0 is available to install. I think I’ll wait and give the WordPress happiness engineers a few weeks to figure out how to make sure the WordPress iOS app and iOS 15.0 can live together in harmony before I install that update.

And that’s what’s pissing me off today.

18 thoughts on “TMP — Frozen

1. Nope, Not Pam September 20, 2021 / 5:03 pm

Come Fandango, technology isn’t meant to be easy 😊

2. Sadje September 20, 2021 / 7:18 pm

I’ve had this issue too. I thought it was my internet connection!

3. rugby843 September 20, 2021 / 8:27 pm

Yes, just saw that notice.  I’ve expressed my feelings about these constant updates so….but I’ve had the same problem on iPad, just circling frozen. 🤯

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

4. Terveen Gill September 21, 2021 / 1:16 am

I think the ‘this pisses me off’ list can only grow longer. Unfortunately…
    I can feel your pain. Technology is often unreliable.

5. Melanie B Cee September 21, 2021 / 12:56 pm

On the ‘dark’ side (aka personal computer and Microsoft versus Apple computers or devices) it does that freezing thing too. I thought it was just that my TV (smart, yeah right) was ‘old’. I’ll be watching something off Amazon Prime Video and right at a crucial moment it’ll do that damned freeze up. Sometimes it’s merely reloading (I guess) but others? I have to turn the damned set completely off and then on again to get it to start working. So it’s not just WordPress, Apple or the combination of the two, it’s GLOBAL, crossing platforms with abandon. I hope someone can explain why that is some day, because like you, it PISSES ME OFF! 😡 🤬😠😡👿

6. Carol anne September 21, 2021 / 7:15 pm

weird how that happens! I wonder if there are bugs now in the wordpress app, or they made an update thats buggy!

7. leigha66 October 2, 2021 / 7:56 pm

Don’t get me started on all the modern conveniences that don’t work as user friendly as they are supposed to. Endless updating is maddening!