Share Your World — 9/20/21

Melanie is back with another squirrelly Share You World prompt this week. She is posing her questions based on offerings from blogger Evil Squirrel, who is tossing out five different questions this week for you to answer. Here we go.

If you were to be cast as part of a comedy double act, which part would you play: the straight man or the funny one, and why?

While I always pictured myself as a leading man, I’d probably be more well suited to offer comic relief by playing the funny one.

If you were to be reincarnated on Earth as any non-living/inanimate object of your choosing, what would you come back as and why?

A refrigerator in someone’s home. Why? Because I’d never go hungry.

We all know how dogs mark their territory. How do you mark your territory?

If you were on a trivia show and had to correctly answer ten questions in one subject to win a million dollars (or whatever currency is used in your locale), what would you hope the category would be?

60s and 70s classic rock bands. I can’t remember what I had for lunch yesterday, but let’s talk about classic rock!

In democratic societies, do you believe that the right to vote is merely a privilege or a duty for all citizens? This should not be thought of as an “Americans only” question. ANY ONE is welcome to answer.

I think it is a right, a privilege, and a duty for every citizen to vote.

16 thoughts on “Share Your World — 9/20/21

1. bushboy September 20, 2021 / 2:59 pm

Yep, I’d be on that quiz too. As for being the fridge, you’d also get lots of visitors 🙂

2. Nope, Not Pam September 20, 2021 / 5:06 pm

Votings compulsory here in Oz, but as I had to be naturalized to vote, I find it difficult to understand why the right isn’t more appreciated

• Fandango September 20, 2021 / 5:17 pm

I know. It should be appreciated. I wish voting was compulsory here, too.

• Marilyn Armstrong September 20, 2021 / 7:53 pm

Actually, considering the OUTSTANDING degree of stupidity going around, is that entirely wise.

• Fandango September 20, 2021 / 9:44 pm

Well, you do have a point there. 🙁

3. paeansunplugged September 21, 2021 / 6:25 am

I so agree with your last answer. In fact had written something about it a few days ago. But these days, I feel, some people should be barred from voting.

4. Melanie B Cee September 21, 2021 / 8:13 am

Thanks, Fandango for Sharing Your World. Very wise last answer. It ought to be all those things. Unfortunately there are some flaws on both sides of the voting imperative…and the stupidity factor (on both sides again) is sometimes overwhelming. I can totally picture your garden (or backyard) gate with that sign prominently displayed on it! 😄 And a refrigerator (lessee now…we have two refrigerators and one freezer…it’s an appliance blow-out!) is a great choice. You would never be hungry and people would visit constantly! A win/win! 😀 Have a wonderful week!

5. leigha66 October 2, 2021 / 7:50 pm

I have known two people who have refused to vote and I know why they did… they didn’t want to be put in the pool for jury duty. Such a wasted vote!

• Fandango October 2, 2021 / 10:58 pm

Serving on a jury and voting are both responsibilities of being a citizen.