Truthful Tuesday — Food vs Service

Frank, aka PCGuy, has published another one of his Truthful Tuesday posts. This week Frank wants to know…

When it comes to dining out, does superb quality of food make up for subpar service, or does stellar service make up for lackluster food?

It’s been at least a year and a half since I actually went to a restaurant and sat down for a meal that was served to me. Most of the restaurant-prepared meals we’ve had since March 2020 have been either take-out or delivery. And given that, the quality of the food is the only measure we use when evaluating a restaurant.

Thinking back to the Before Days, when we would often go out to eat at a restaurant, our primary reason for dining out at a restaurant was for the food. I agree that poor service can diminish the dining experience no matter how good the food. But stellar service does not make up for a poorly prepared meal or for food that tastes sub-par.

So, in summary, it’s all about the food

11 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — Food vs Service

1. rugby843 September 14, 2021 / 10:04 am

I agree but if you are ever in Denver – you get both at the Cheesecake Factory – and in Houston it was – maybe not now- Saltgrass Steakhouse – but a lot of time has passed so I have no current recommendations fir Houston in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone

2. Sadje September 14, 2021 / 10:26 am

Yes, it’s all about food.

3. pendantry September 14, 2021 / 3:28 pm

I’m pretty much on the fence on this one. I think that both presentation and product quality are equally important. I’d much prefer to have a lacklustre burger-in-a-bun served in elegant surroundings by ultra-polite and attentive staff than the most sumptuous filet mignon thrown onto my table by a foul-mouthed jerk who, for all I know, may well have spat on the plate in the kitchen before bringing it out.

• Fandango September 14, 2021 / 11:03 pm

Well, when you put it that way…. 😏

4. Terveen Gill September 15, 2021 / 5:24 am

The bottom line is the food. Service should be decent enough. 🙂

5. leigha66 September 26, 2021 / 9:33 pm

Bad service can ruin good food. Excellent service improves food a little but doesn’t elevate garbage to 4 star status. The food is the winner with service a very important close second.

6. Christine Gonzales October 8, 2021 / 1:48 am

In regards to this article, it says that the quality of the food is the only measure when evaluating a restaurant. For me it should also has a good services as well, considering that the good quality of the food and good service are important to be able to met the satisfaction of the customer. For instance, they have a good quality of food but their service doesn’t meet the satisfaction of the customer so as a customer you will lose your appetite because of dealing their not so good service. In addition bad service can ruin the reputation of a business as well as the good quality of the food.

• Fandango October 8, 2021 / 9:57 am

All good points.

7. Christine Gonzales October 8, 2021 / 2:01 am

In regards to this article, it says that the quality of the food is the only measure when evaluating a restaurant. For me it should also has a good services as well, considering that the good quality of the food and good service are important to be able to meet the satisfaction of the customer. For instance, they have a good quality of food but their service doesn’t meet the satisfaction of the customer so as a customer you will lose your appetite because of dealing their not so good service. In addition bad service can ruin the reputation of a business as well as the good quality of the food. To sum up with, the business or a restaurant should have a good service as well as a good quality of the food so that the customers will return.

Comments are closed.