Share Your World — 9/6/2021

For this week’s Share Your World prompt, Melanie wants to know…

Do you believe in soulmates? (Melanie defines a ‘soulmate’ as the IDEAL romantic partner.)

This may sound antithetical to Melanie’s definition of soulmate, but I believe that finding your “soulmate” is a matter of timing, attitude, and situation. Your “soulmate” often turns out to be the person you’re with when you’re ready to make a “lifelong” commitment to someone, and when your attitude and situation makes that the feel like the right thing to do.

Of course, the sliver of romanticism that exists in me admits that such timing, attitude, and situation may come together because you have found your soulmate.

What are three scents you like?

Coffee brewing, fresh popcorn, and freshly baked goods.

What are some things that you might be considered too old to do, but that you enjoy?

So is the question about things I enjoy doing but I no longer can do because I’m too old? Or is it about things I still do — and enjoy doing — even though some may believe I’m too old to be doing them?

If it’s the former, most such activities involve a combination of diminished reflexes and potentially more brittle bones that old age brings. Things like downhill skiing or motorcycle cruising. If it’s the latter, even as a septuagenarian, I’m still into bicycling and hiking.

What is one food you absolutely refuse to share?

I have no food that I refuse to share with anyone else. In fact, if there is a particular type of food that I love, I will encourage others to take a taste. I’m just that kind of a guy. 😉

9 thoughts on “Share Your World — 9/6/2021

1. Nope, Not Pam September 6, 2021 / 1:00 pm

I must admit I don’t know about the soulmate thing, I think it’s more of a case of recognising the fact that this person will satisfy your needs. 🙂

2. Marilyn Armstrong September 6, 2021 / 1:25 pm

After you’ve tried others who didn’t work, your soulmate is the one who does work out. With you, for you, and has your back.

3. amoralegria September 6, 2021 / 3:09 pm

Your answers are thoughtful and succinct! I always think of “soulmate” as being the ideal partner, whether you ever meet that person or not. I know some couples who say they are “soulmates” – often those who have waited a long time and had other partners, like you said. I love my husband, but I do not consider him my “soulmate.” I never met whoever that might have been. However, he supports me in so many ways, including putting up with my ADHD defects, and says I do the same for him, so I guess I was not destined to find my soulmate, although I did find someone who I could spend the rest of my life with.

• Melanie B Cee September 7, 2021 / 9:42 am

Strangely Katy, that’s exactly how I think of “soul mate”. I did meet ‘him’ once, but the guy turned out to be a fraud in who he really was. Now I think of that fantasy man as my soul mate. I know I won’t find him here though. It’s just not meant to be.

4. Melanie B Cee September 7, 2021 / 9:46 am

Thank you Fandango, for Sharing Your World! Such great answers, but you always have a wonderful perspective on things (and not just because you may be ‘older’ (never old, not YOU). I admire that you can go biking and hiking still, a lot of folks have listed hiking on their ‘I’m too old to do that’ list, and I say if you CAN, you ought to. It’s one of the most rewarding forms of exercise and I wish I still had the ability and stamina. Your friends and family are lucky people if you’re a ‘sharer’. Some of us (me among the crowd) are rather nasty if someone picks at OUR food. But in the day I would share sometimes with hubby and vice versa. And with Ziggy? There’s no question that sharing will occur. It’s in his owner’s training manual LOL. Have a wonderful week!!

5. leigha66 September 17, 2021 / 9:11 pm

I think of a soulmate as someone you have a deep never-ending connection with. Even a very close friend could be a soulmate. You feel love for that person to your soul. So I also believe there is more than one soulmate out there for a person.