Who Won the Week — 9/5/2021

The idea behind Who Won the Week is to give you the opportunity to select who (or what) you think “won” this past week. Your selection can be anyone or anything — politicians, celebrities, athletes, authors, bloggers, your friends or family members, books, movies, TV shows, businesses, organizations, whatever.

I will be posting this prompt on Sunday mornings (my time). If you want to participate, write your own post designating who you think won the week and why you think they deserve your nod. Then link back to this post and tag you post with FWWTW.

My pick for who won the week this week is no one and nothing. As far as I’m concerned, it’s been a pretty shitty week. Between what’s happening with women’s rights and voting rights in Texas…

…wildfires engulfing the western states, massive hurricanes devastating the southern states, and deadly flash flooding killing people in the northeast…

…the surge in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, while people stubbornly and selfishly refuse to wear masks and would rather self-treat for COVID using horse and cow dewormers rather than getting vaccinated…

…and the continuing chaos in Afghanistan…

…I’m depressed and exhausted and see very little to celebrate. Maybe there will be something or someone to celebrate next week.

What about you? Who (or what) do you think won the week?

27 thoughts on “Who Won the Week — 9/5/2021

1. JT Twissel September 5, 2021 / 11:06 am

I just watched Worth on Netflix with Micheal Keaton – it’s excellent. Definitely won the week for me.

• Marleen September 20, 2021 / 12:05 am

Saudi Arabia’s Role in 9/11 and Why the U.S. Government has Kept it Hidden • Given by James Kreindler ’77 [Dartmouth], Partner, Kreindler & Kreindler LLP.

Currently, Mr. Kreindler is the co-chair of the Plaintiff’s Committee in the 9/11 Litigation on behalf of the 9/11 families to hold Saudi Arabia accountable for its role in the 9/11 attacks. The lawsuit alleges that members of the government of Saudi Arabia provided critical financial and logistical support to the 9/11 hijackers prior to September 11, 2001.

This is the first case to proceed under the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act, passed by Congress in 2016.

Recorded Monday, October 28, 2019

2. ruddjr September 5, 2021 / 12:15 pm

Add the “freedom rallies” in front of hospitals, the people harassing small businesses over the vaccine passport (which hasn’t even gone into effect yet) and it has not been a good week. At least I have plenty of ideas of my peeve tomorrow.

3. annieasksyou September 5, 2021 / 12:35 pm

Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, who both minced no words in calling out their Supreme Court “colleagues” for their reprehensible decision to turn the law over to vigilantes in Texas.

• Fandango September 5, 2021 / 5:07 pm

Yep, but, unfortunately, they were just words.

4. rugby843 September 5, 2021 / 12:37 pm

Peeve or win? Definitely Texas won with all of its antiquated rhetoric ideas. A huge loss for everyone, especially poor women in the state. I have seen and worked with these women. It is so unjust, it is sad.

5. Nope, Not Pam September 5, 2021 / 1:17 pm

Pretty negative, I have a friend who was diagnosed with incurable cancer two weeks ago, so in Jerry’s words, I survive, something to celebrate.

6. bushboy September 5, 2021 / 3:51 pm

The 52% of Texans who think the Governor Abbott is an ass and dropped his “Popularity rating” are winners too

• Marleen September 6, 2021 / 8:27 am

I bought a present that I’m sure was on the shelf at the store for Christmas, but I’m not going to wait for Christmas to give it to my son (the one who is a Baby Yoda fan). I walked in the store, and the first Christmas tree decoration was up high for display — but it wasn’t completed, it looked bedraggled.

• Lolsy's Library September 7, 2021 / 12:01 am

I am, lol … I just got so depressed last week and buying presents for others always makes me happy, lol

7. Maggie September 6, 2021 / 8:05 am

I managed to steer clear of the news last week which was a win for me. Sometimes self-care is the most important thing we can do so we live to fight another day.