Frank (aka PCGuy) and Di (aka Pensitivity101) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. Today is Frank’s turn to host and here are his questions.
1. Finish the following idiom: “What happens in Vegas…”
…results in trouble once you get back home.”
2. What device is known as a one-arm bandit?
Frederick Sykes’ prosthetic arm (from TV show and movie “The Fugitive,” in case you don’t get the reference).
3. What is used to play Russian Roulette?
Russian nesting dolls.
4. What is James Bond’s favorite casino game?
Double-Oh-Seven Card Stud.
5. Who was the spokesman for Player’s Club International from the mid 1980s to the early 1990s?
Professional golfer Gary Player.
6. What nickname is given to a poker hand containing a pair of black aces and a pair of black eights?
The Black Panthers.
7. What does it mean to bet on “the hard way” in craps?
It’s when you’re constipated and when trying to take a dump feels like you’re shitting a brick.
8. What is special about aces in blackjack?
They trump kings and queens.
9. What are clams casino?
Casinos where only clams, and not oysters or mussels, are served.
10. What game is played in the World Series of Poker?
Stoking fires in a fireplace with a poker to see who can produce the hottest, largest, longest lasting flames.