My Last Photo — August ‘21

Brian, aka Bushboy, posted his monthly prompt that asks us to…
  1. Post the last photo from our camera’s SD card or the last photo from our phone taken in August.
  2. No editing — who cares if it is out of focus, not framed as you would like, or the subject matter didn’t cooperate?
  3. No explanations needed — just the photo will do.
  4. Create a pingback to Brian’s post or link in the comments.
  5. Tag “The Last Photo.”

So here’s the last photo I took on my iPhone in August.As I did last month, I took this photo specifically for this prompt. We have this interesting — weird, perhaps — carved piece in our living room. I’m not sure where we got it. A gift? An inheritance? And I don’t know who or what that is in this little work of art. Some cultural or mythical figure, perhaps. If any of you know, please enlighten me.

Anyway, I decided that it is a strange enough piece that it would make an interesting photo for Brian’s prompt.

19 thoughts on “My Last Photo — August ‘21

1. bushboy September 1, 2021 / 3:23 pm

Yep….interesting indeed Fandango. I was thinking a selfie with your minions? Beautifully carved and a touch of mystery, fabulous. Great Last Photo. Thanks for joining in 🙂 🙂

2. Nope, Not Pam September 1, 2021 / 5:02 pm

It’s certainly an interesting piece, a good talking point 😄

3. cagedunn September 1, 2021 / 7:09 pm

I think this is an interpretation of the
    Three Universal Truths and Four Noble Truths from Buddha.
    I think.

4. lifelessons September 1, 2021 / 8:51 pm

I keep thinking I’m going to plan my last shot of the month but so far have always forgotten to…. in addition to usually forgetting to post the unplanned one.

• Fandango September 1, 2021 / 9:32 pm

I always forget until I see Brian’s prompt. Then I scurry around to take a picture.

5. Irene September 2, 2021 / 7:45 am

From India TV News: “A laughing Buddha playing with children (usually five in number) symbolizes good fortune coming from heavens. It also brings good luck and positive energies.”

6. Marilyn Armstrong September 2, 2021 / 9:12 am

Is it carved all the way around or is it flat on one side? IF it’s flat on one side, it probably was originally part of a carved temple wall. I had a Lakshmi who has come from a temple was. She was beautiful, but she was also huge. I finally sold her because she took up half of a very large mantlepiece. I forget which version of Buddha this is. Each “design” has a name and title.

• Fandango September 2, 2021 / 9:52 pm

Actually, it’s carved all the way around, so it looks like it wasn’t part of a temple wall.