Fandango’s Story Starter #8

It’s time for my weekly Story Starter prompt. Here’s how it works. Every Tuesday morning (my time), I’m going to give you an incomplete “teaser” sentence and your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to build a story (prose or poetry) around that partial sentence. It doesn’t have to be the first sentence in your story, and you don’t even have to use it in your post at all if you don’t want to. The purpose of the teaser is simply to spark your imagination and to get your storytelling juices flowing

This week’s Story Starter teaser is:

He could feel the beads of perspiration forming on his forehead as he slowly…

If you care to write and post a story built on this teaser, be sure to link back to this post and to tag your post with #FSS. I would also encourage you to read and enjoy what your fellow bloggers do with this teaser.

And most of all, have fun.

25 thoughts on “Fandango’s Story Starter #8

1. Mason Bushell August 24, 2021 / 8:50 am

Gah, wheres the ‘like’ button gone? Also why is whenever you highlight something to adda link or embolden it, the bloody thing jumps everywhere and chooses it’s own bit to highlight now? WP is getting so annoying!
    That said great prompt Fandango. Thank you!

• Fandango August 24, 2021 / 9:59 am

I’m not having those issues, Mason. I’m glad you enjoyed the prompt. I was expecting great things from you and you delivered.

• Mason Bushell August 24, 2021 / 10:03 am

Interesting! Must be issues with my stupid free site I bet.

And thanks. I’m glad I met expectation.

• Fandango August 24, 2021 / 11:58 am

I’m using my iPhone, so maybe that’s the difference.

• Mason Bushell August 24, 2021 / 11:59 am

Yeah that’ll explain it.

You must hurt your hands typing away on that little screen.

• Fandango August 24, 2021 / 12:42 pm

Nope. I’ve mastered thumb typing on a small phone keypad. I’ve been doing it since the late 90s, first with my BlackBerry and later with my iPhone

• Mason Bushell August 24, 2021 / 11:45 pm

Thats amazing. 2 minutes on a phone and my fingers are screaming at me to stop.

2. Pingback: Writer Ravenclaw